Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can I tap in to power new interior foot well LED lights? So they only work when doors are open.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
This from Jimrinflorida:

ere's how you wire in blue LED footwell lights:

1. Connect your (+) LED wires for both sides to positive battery power. Be sure your new circuit has it's own inline fuse close to the connection to protect your circuit (10 amp will do). It's your choice as to how and where you get the full time battery (+) from. I personally tapped into the Safety Power Window fuse ( 4th down 1rst column)

2. As for the all important ground wire circuit - If you want the footwell lights to operate with the dome lamp then you must tap into the yellow/black stripe wire on the BCM. Look above the drivers right foot and you will see a black box with three connectors. Find the rearward connector then the Yellow/Black stripe wire. It's next to 2 empty wire holes so it's easy to find. Connect the (-) LED wires to this circuit by striping back some insulation on the Y/BS wire and wrapping your (-) LED circuit to it.

*Note 1* - the footwell lights will not come on when the dome lamp is turned on manually.

*Note 2* - If you want separate manual control of the footwell lighting along with BCM control then see this diagram and install a relay & switch. This way you can have them on while driving w/o the dome lamp. Attached Files
Door Sill Plate Lighting.pdf (67.3 KB, 33 vie

·
Premium Member
735 Posts
i used an "add a circuit" fuse tap and tapped into my power outlet fuse ,it was a 15 amp fuse so i changed it to a 10 amp and a 5 amp in the adapters new circuit
wired to a push button switch bank and grounded to a bolt behind the kick panel near the gas pedal

here is a link to the switch box, I just cut the end off and tapped it into the fuse box

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i used an "add a circuit" fuse tap and tapped into my power outlet fuse ,it was a 15 amp fuse so i changed it to a 10 amp and a 5 amp in the adapters new circuit
wired to a push button switch bank and grounded to a bolt behind the kick panel near the gas pedal

here is a link to the switch box, I just cut the end off and tapped it into the fuse box
Good old Canadian Tire. Never seen the switch box before. thanks for the tip.

I got the power from the battery passing by there going to the trunk. So Im good for the constant. with the switch box I have everything I need. just need to find the yellow and black wire for the trigger and done.

I think I'm good from here on. Thanks everyone.

·
Premium Member
735 Posts
if I hook my accent lighting (footwells) into the dimming circuit will i get the same "glow" that i do from my dome light leds?
when they are turned off?
they have that slight after glow that is so common

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Littlefoot - I think you're referring to the dome lighting that slowly dims out when you close the door. Yes that will happen IF you tap into the yellow/black wire.

·
Premium Member
735 Posts
Not the dimming, its an after glow that stays all the time in the dome light led...it is common as there is a slight current from the computer that doesn't show in the halogens

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Littlefoot, on the switch box you used, is there a problem to connecting more than one LED to a connector (in parallel). Also do you know what is the max load?

I see you have LED strips in the front and smaller in the back. Are they all from CT?

·
Premium Member
735 Posts
yes all are from CT, I wouldn't use it for more the 5 amps myself
not sure of max load as i only wanted it for led strips and leds are a minor load.., i have the fronts on one switch and the rears on another ..future will be the cup holders and maybe the door sills.
I'm wondering the max load on the dimming circuit as I would wire the switchbox to that with a relay ..but I'm nervous when i comes to the BCM

1 - 13 of 13 Posts