Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having a weird issue with my dash lights on my 2010 Santa Fe Sport.

For some reason whenever we shift in our seats (drivers or passangers) the dash lights will go to full intensity. I normally run with the dash lights turned way down (haven't gotten around to 'taming' them yet) and having them come on full intensity at night can be very distracting. The time the lights stay at full intensity also varies ... sometimes a second to 30 odd minutes last night. This is driving me nuts.

The dealship is giving me the 'can not replicate' run around as well, despite the fact the my friend who's a Hyundia tech has witnessed it.

Also the exterior lights are uneffected.

Does anyone have any ideas????

Thanks for your help

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
Sounds like an intermittent short-circuit somewhere... maybe in the cup holder area near the seats?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll check the cup holder lights for a wire rub or something.

My friend who's a tech is poking around for me and so far everyone is stumpped.

I've had this flicker shifting into and out of drive, as well as turning the steering wheel.

It' seems to jump system to system. My dealerships electronics guy guy thinks there's a backfeed somewhere in the interior lighting. As to where??

Thanks for the tip, I'll keep everyone in the loop.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got the car in today and they pulled the center console out and found a pinched ground wire. The insulation had a pinhole in it and they think that's where it was grounding out. So far so good, haven't been able to make it flicker again. Here's hoping!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts