Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
Some Getz advice pretty please. I have a UK 2003 1.1 Getz CDX. I want to use a rear mounted (strap-based) cycle rack with this car. The rack fits fine but I realise I will also need to install a lighting board. I have a couple of quick questions:

a) does the Getz have an existing lighting socket? I looked around in the boot and under the rear bumper but I couldnt see anything. I have the lighting board already but nothing to plug it into.

b) is it easy to fit one of these lighting sockets? I've seen this kit from Halfords (Halfords | Halfords Cycle Carrier Lighting Board Wiring Kit) - is this relatively straightforward to set up - where in the Getx should I install this?

Cheers. :cool:

·
Registered
75 Posts
DalanFalco

Cannot really comment on the UK Getz's but I have seen a towbar and associated wiring fitted to an Aussie Getz. Generally there is a wiring connector tucked somewhere in the rear wiring loom tha you can simply plug into. Suggest you visit your local Hyundai dealer spare part section and ask them what is available in term of a wiring kit if you were going to fit a tow bar to your Getz.

regards

Gerry

1 - 2 of 2 Posts