Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a post here a few weeks back with someone that had lighted door sills (sonata in blue), can anyone tell me where I can get those, can't find old post, thanx everyone

·
Registered
137 Posts
$215 is really expensive if you ask me.

·
Registered
802 Posts
I picked up a set off eBay a while back. They aren't as nice as the Shark Racing ones, but for $55 delivered, they aren't too bad. These were shipped direct to me from China. Here is a photo of them installed.

They are stick-on covers that go over the factory plastic sill plates. Had to drill holes through the factory sill plates to hide the wires.

I was intending to write an installation thread, but never got around to it. Installation was a pain, by the way, just because finding and accessing the appropriate connection points was tough. I ended up pulling the A-pillar cover and connecting to the room light harness so that the sill plates light up with the room light.

·
Registered
738 Posts
I've got the Shark Racing ones and they are really nice IMHO ...

Definitely worth it if you have the extra bucks......perfect color match to the other lights in the dash...

·
Registered
154 Posts
I also have the Shark Racing ones and IMO they are much better. Some of the Chinese accessories are not god quality and I have been burned before. Spend the extra to get quality. The SR ones are made from OEM sills.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
the SR ones look exactly like the OEM ones on the limited models. at first, i thought it was cool....after 2.5 yrs and 60K miles, i honestly didn't notice them anymore. my veracruz has them as well, and i still don't really notice them.

worth $215 plus time to install?....i'd skip it. but, your mileage may vary.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts