Hyundai Forums banner

Light strip on top of low beams/ high beams

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  dawsual@gmail.com 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm not sure if there's a thread for this already, but just wanted to know what this light strip is called and how I can replace the factory bulbs for something brighter? Unless it's LED.

#2 ·
5779073 said:
I'm not sure if there's a thread for this already, but just wanted to know what this light strip is called and how I can replace the factory bulbs for something brighter? Unless it's LED.
Everyone I know calls this the "eyebrow" lol

There is only a small light from the top of the eyebrow that is used to light the entire panel. When I had my lights customised, I was told there was no way to add additional lights under this panel as it sits flush against the housing. I ended up having the panel painted black and a new brighter LED tube installed beneath it instead. The light itself is still connected as it caused errors on the dash when he tried to disconnect it.

Attachments

#3 ·
Huh. That's actually really interesting. I mean, I'm assuming it's LED because if it sits flush with the headlight housing, they're not expecting anything to go wrong with the bulb itself.

Also, that's actually not bad-looking. I dig it.

I'm not a big fan of the eyebrow, but I'm open to replacing the entire headlight housing unit if I feel like it.

Reactions: INASTY
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.