Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 SF limited. For a while now when I am driving hwy speed and I take my foot of the gas pedal, I can feel (what I think is) the tranny downshifting from overdrive and some of the other gears while slowing down. It doesn't seem like a big issue, it is just the first car that I have driven that I could feel this. Anyone else experience this? I have about 22,000 km but it has been doing it prob since 8,000.

Cheers,

Jason

·
Registered
7,163 Posts
QUOTE (jaymyson @ Jun 9 2010, 08:22 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=331209
I have a 2008 SF limited. For a while now when I am driving hwy speed and I take my foot of the gas pedal, I can feel (what I think is) the tranny downshifting from overdrive and some of the other gears while slowing down. It doesn't seem like a big issue, it is just the first car that I have driven that I could feel this. Anyone else experience this? I have about 22,000 km but it has been doing it prob since 8,000.

Cheers,

Jason
Sounds like your torque converter is unlocking at throttle lift -- as it should -- and while I'm not all that sensitive to it from a "feel" standpoint, we can both observe the results of what happens on the tach.

Let's say you're going 100kph on a flat road and lift the throttle quickly. What does your tach do?

It's also designed to unlock if you mash the gas from a cruising position.

Let's say you're going 100kph on a flat road with your tranny locked in 5th gear (manually selected) and you mash the throttle. What does your tach do?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (canderson @ Jun 9 2010, 11:28 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=331235
Sounds like your torque converter is unlocking at throttle lift -- as it should -- and while I'm not all that sensitive to it from a "feel" standpoint, we can both observe the results of what happens on the tach.

Let's say you're going 100kph on a flat road and lift the throttle quickly. What does your tach do?

It's also designed to unlock if you mash the gas from a cruising position.

Let's say you're going 100kph on a flat road with your tranny locked in 5th gear (manually selected) and you mash the throttle. What does your tach do?

When I lift my foot off the gas there will be about one second and then I will feel the chug, I can't remember for sure but I think the tach will jump up a little in RPM's. I don't know if I have tried it in manual mode as I find the manual mode more annoying as the gearbox will shift early on redline so I don't get much benifit with it. I will use it in stop and go traffic though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts