Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

New to the forum. I'm taking delivery of my new to me 2006 Tucson GLS next week. During inspection I found the glass lift support struts need replacing, and the liftgate ones are weak too. I've used Sachs on our Kia Rondo and found them to be a bit stiff. Not too worried about the liftgate ones being stiff, but I wouldn't want unnecessary stress on the glass for those ones. Any suggestions for brand for the rear glass lift support struts? I'm presuming actual Hyundai (Auto7) parts would be best. I typically get most parts I can wait a few days for from Rockauto, but only see AMS, Munroe, Sachs, and Strongarm. Anyone know pricing in Canada for the Hyundai ones? I have to have the vin for Hyundai to provide pricing and don't have the car yet.

Thanks,
Curt

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the response.

I ordered Monroe lift supports for both the tail gate and glass lift gate. Everything works well.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update

Went with Monroe lift gate shocks. Learned a lesson. Don't buy Monroe!!

Monroe not only sucks, worn out in around 6 months, but this product has absolutely no warranty! Zero warranty according to the fine print. I don't think I've ever come across that from a multinational company before. This junk is made in Turkey according to the shipping documents.

Should have gone with at least Sachs, they're cheaper and have a 12 month warranty, and have lasted over a year on my other vehicle.

Having a warranty doesn't necessarily mean your product is good quality, but not having any warranty at all doesn't really show you believe in your product either.

Curt

1 - 4 of 4 Posts