Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where is a good place to jack the car up? I am looking around underneath the car and I could not find a good place to jack the car. Ihave a 3 ton service jack that I use to lift my old car for oil changes and other maintenance issue. I really want to avoid having to use the factory jacks because they can't fully lift the car up.

·
Registered
328 Posts
QUOTE (SilverNitrate @ Jun 14 2010, 01:31 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=332934
Where is a good place to jack the car up? I am looking around underneath the car and I could not find a good place to jack the car. Ihave a 3 ton service jack that I use to lift my old car for oil changes and other maintenance issue. I really want to avoid having to use the factory jacks because they can't fully lift the car up.
Interesting. Looking forward to any informed replies. I, too, want to lift the car for oil changes and to get the weight off the front wheels for the strut tower bar installation.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a floor jack so jacking it up on the sides may not be doable until I saw a DIY hockey puck side lift adaptor. I think I'm going to make one so I can jack the car on the sides similar to the scissor jacks. Now where would be a good place to put the jack stands? My jack stands doesn't have a deep enough groove for the side lift points so I need help with an alternative location. Anyone got any idea?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts