·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reactions: Reactor2015

·
Registered
314 Posts
Might be interesting to see what it looks like. Honestly, I can't see the AWD Tucson as anything more than a glorified station wagon, and lifting it will in no way make it more suitable for off road use. Don't get me wrong, I love our 2016 Ltd, but if I have to go over bumps I take my 2008 Ranger 4X4 or my son's 91 Jeep Cherokee.

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
fully agreed on that, but having 1cm or 2 extra will make huge difference also...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Might be interesting to see what it looks like. Honestly, I can't see the AWD Tucson as anything more than a glorified station wagon, and lifting it will in no way make it more suitable for off road use. Don't get me wrong, I love our 2016 Ltd, but if I have to go over bumps I take my 2008 Ranger 4X4 or my son's 91 Jeep Cherokee.
Absolutely agree. I have the 4wd version and it does seem to handle better than 2wd especially on corners but serious off road mud plugger it is not.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Has anyone installed this on the 2016 Tucson models? Was curious as to the install process, the instructions are in Russian so wasn’t sure.

Also would a modification like this void warranties or would I have to put it back to stock if bringing it in?

Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Looks like just strut assembly and coil spring spacers. Pretty easy to install if you're handy with tools and have some car knowledge. I suspect that if you have any drivetrain issues, that Hyundai will try and claim that your mods resulted in increased stress on the drivetrain components, and therefore your warranty is void. Whether that's the actual cause or not is besides the point! I just don't have a lot of faith in any car company not trying to screw you. If you do install it, I would definitely get an alignment done afterwards (at an independant shop so Hyundai don't know what you did, lol). Lifts can be fun! :)

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Ended up purchasing a similar kit, 40mm aluminum spacers all around. Was afraid of killing myself messing with the springs so got it installed at a shop and an alignment. Very happy with how it came out and got some bigger tires too =)

lift with 30" tires:

lift with stock size tires:

Reactions: krash296

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ended up purchasing a similar kit, 40mm aluminum spacers all around. Was afraid of killing myself messing with the springs so got it installed at a shop and an alignment. Very happy with how it came out and got some bigger tires too =)

lift with 30" tires:
View attachment 444614

View attachment 444613
What kit is this? Been looking to get an extra couple of inches of clearance. Also, how is it holding up so far?

·
Registered
13 Posts
What kit is this? Been looking to get an extra couple of inches of clearance. Also, how is it holding up so far?
This is the spacer lift i'm running. It's a 40mm lift but doesn't come with anything for the rear shocks so also installed these shock extenders to even it out a bit. Its been about 4k miles and loving the lift. There aren't a ton of options for lifting a tucson but these definitely do the job.
The only complaint i have is the finish. Its a bright red anti rust coating and ended up painting over them before install.

If you're planning for larger tires, I'm running 265/60r18 and get a bit of rubbing when steering even after trimming the fender liner so i'd go with something a little smaller than 30.5"... or more lift which i hope to do later down the road.

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is the spacer lift i'm running. It's a 40mm lift but doesn't come with anything for the rear shocks so also installed these shock extenders to even it out a bit. Its been about 4k miles and loving the lift. There aren't a ton of options for lifting a tucson but these definitely do the job.
The only complaint i have is the finish. Its a bright red anti rust coating and ended up painting over them before install.

If you're planning for larger tires, I'm running 265/60r18 and get a bit of rubbing when steering even after trimming the fender liner so i'd go with something a little smaller than 30.5"... or more lift which i hope to do later down the road.
Thanks this helps alot.

·
Registered
5 Posts

lift with 30" tires:
View attachment 444614

View attachment 444613
How does it handle? Do you have a link for that lift?

·
Registered
3 Posts
How does it handle? Do you have a link for that lift?
I just bought 20x10 inch Helo HE890. I originally went with 235/35 r 20 on it but ran into some issues with the width of the tire not covering the bead on the wheel. I decided to go with a "pavement princess" style tire, 275/45 r 20 General Grabber A/T3 for a much more aggressive look. Now I have rubbing issues, actually ran over some railroad tracks the other day and it broke the trim piece over the rear wheel. After hours of research, I found Amazon carries 2 different kits for the late model Tucsons. Tema which is a 30mm kit runs about $200 and Readylift carries a 2 inch kit that runs $400. I've asked around to some of my buddies and been told to go with the ready lift. Strut spacers for the front, spring spacers for the back and links for the rear sway bars.

Tema4x4

Readylift

I'm having the Readylift installed next Wednesday and I'll post pictures.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just bought 20x10 inch Helo HE890. I originally went with 235/35 r 20 on it but ran into some issues with the width of the tire not covering the bead on the wheel. I decided to go with a "pavement princess" style tire, 275/45 r 20 General Grabber A/T3 for a much more aggressive look. Now I have rubbing issues, actually ran over some railroad tracks the other day and it broke the trim piece over the rear wheel. After hours of research, I found Amazon carries 2 different kits for the late model Tucsons. Tema which is a 30mm kit runs about $200 and Readylift carries a 2 inch kit that runs $400. I've asked around to some of my buddies and been told to go with the ready lift. Strut spacers for the front, spring spacers for the back and links for the rear sway bars.

Tema4x4

Readylift

I'm having the Readylift installed next Wednesday and I'll post pictures.
I was looking at the Readylift too actually. Please do post pictures when it's done and let me know how the install goes. I'm really interested in that lift

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone have any tips on the 40mm install? When installing the longer studs into the strut top hat, did you find that studs were 1mm too big for the opening? You can see from the 3rd picture how I'm having to force it...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts