Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How difficult is it to replace the rear lift gate arms? Ours are starting to not go up all the way. Makes it easier to close but prefer it go all the way up. 2011 LTD. Where is a good place to get the Hyundai replacement part? Is it a special nut like a torx or something. Thanks,

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
they're easy to replace. A clip holds the ends in but just pop out.

It depends on you options where you are. Length is usually the only criteria. I've not replace mine so you'd have to search. Whether Amazon or eBay has them or local parts shops/chains.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
You can find them on Amazon and Ebay. I replaced the lift struts on the lift gate and window of The Bride's Tucson and also the lift gate on my old '01 Santa Fe. Like Trip said, it's easy and quick but it's a two person job - one to swap out the parts and the other to hold the lift gate up.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies guys. I will check my local Hyundai dealer and get the part number and look for the lowest price on an OEM set.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm like 99.9% positive that advance auto can tell you what length hatch struts you need and that they are a universal part.

Following video shows previous model years Santa Fe but I imagine they didn't change too much if any. Almost the same process as my 96 jeep.

https://youtu.be/kW9y8MkNUOM

1 - 6 of 6 Posts