Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Friends
Have any of you had experience with the “Lifetime Tires” promotion offered through the dealership? Got any tips or experiences you wish to share with me? As I understand it I MUST bring my Santa Fe in to the dealership for regular (500 miles or so) rotations and inspections; if I do not my coverage is void.. I’m hoping to align my tire service with my “lifetime oil change” service so I only need to visit the dealership once for both services… Any advice would be welcomed.

Anthony

·
Registered
413 Posts
Friends
Have any of you had experience with the “Lifetime Tires” promotion offered through the dealership? Got any tips or experiences you wish to share with me? As I understand it I MUST bring my Santa Fe in to the dealership for regular (500 miles or so) rotations and inspections; if I do not my coverage is void.. I’m hoping to align my tire service with my “lifetime oil change” service so I only need to visit the dealership once for both services… Any advice would be welcomed.

Anthony
500miles is pretty frequent... If it was with oil changes it would be fine but having to go in to have your tires inspected seems a bit much.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I wasn't offered one of those. I would read it carefully and see exactly what it covers. Is it full replacement if the tires wear out or is it a lifetime warranty from damage?

Odd they would warranty a wear item, especially is its a 2.0T as those tires are pretty expensive.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I didn't have this for my SFS... but my previous car, a 2005 Honda Accord had this promotion (Free tires for life)

Basically, in order to qualify, I had to make sure to do 100% of the scheduled maintenance of the car at the dealership (not just the tires). If I missed any of it, they wouldn't honor the tires. It did not cover damage... only wear.

I will say they are strict about it all, but flexible at the same time. When I went in to get my tires replaced, I apparently had missed some air filter something at 20k, and the third party company that does the promo wasn't going to honor the tires. They let me replace the filter right then, and once that was done, the promo company honored the tire replacement.

I do not know if the plan would have been honored if I took my car to another dealership for any of the maintenance. So, that's one thing to consider... especially if one moves, or buys the car from a dealer far away.

Each particular plan details may vary... make sure to read all of the fine print.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.