Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi..I am new and need some advice what is a reasonable license and documentation fee. I got an e-mail indicating that it will be 463.75 for a 25800 limited w/ carpet, ipod cable & wheel locks. Thank you.

·
Registered
932 Posts
It really depends on where you live. Here in Illinois it was $199 for license and title and $150 something for doc fee. The doc fee is capped by law here.

·
Registered
548 Posts
QUOTE (midas69 @ May 10 2010, 10:07 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=321416
It really depends on where you live. Here in Illinois it was $199 for license and title and $150 something for doc fee. The doc fee is capped by law here.
Eh, 9 times out of 10 you can get the doc fee completely taken off. Now the license fee? That's a different story. I only paid $50 here in Missouri

·
Registered
58 Posts
You should negotiate the Doc Fee out. It is a dealer add on to make more money. The pencil pusher that does it gets paid whether he completes a document or not. He is not part of the Sales staff. If they insist you have to pay for it, find a different dealer or buy over the internet.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Let me somewhat repeat a post that I made the last of February when I purchased my 2011 Sonata Limited. My quoted price was $23,000 + title ($12.00) and tax ($3% here in VA). When the salesman (I had negotiated my price with the internet manager) slipped me the forms to sign, there was a $299.00 document fee. I said "Uh Unh, this is a deal breaker." and gathered up my files to leave. He very quickly said "Wait a minute" and revised the figures to show my cost as $22,701. The doc fee was still in there, but my cost was reduced by $299.00. If I recall, the MSRP on my Limited was $26,015...(may have been $26,150, I forget Had wheel locks, carpet, and iPod cable...no NAV.

My point is, if you are willing to walk away, they will delete the doc fee, or at least make it reasonable at say $69-$99. It is purely dealer profit...nothing else. They have to do the paperwork, whether they get paid or not.

·
Banned
7,070 Posts
Sometimes you have to pay a 'Documentation Fee', also known as a' Dealer Fee'. There are costs for co op advertising, insurance,

and a bunch of other stuff they would like to pass on to you. The key is, don't pay it when negotiating. Some of these 'Fees' are pre

printed on the Invoice, so it is hard not to pay it, at least on paper! :thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts