Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I pretty much got what I wanted. Hyundai are giving me a free 12 month service in response to the 2 letters I sent them. I don't know how much they charge but that's gotta be worth at least $200-$250? Not bad at all. And to think people in this forum were calling me crazy for expecting compensation.

·
Registered
854 Posts
QUOTE (Davez621 @ Oct 22 2010, 04:15 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=365496
Well, I pretty much got what I wanted. Hyundai are giving me a free 12 month service in response to the 2 letters I sent them. I don't know how much they charge but that's gotta be worth at least $200-$250? Not bad at all. And to think people in this forum were calling me crazy for expecting compensation.
For the record I said no harm in trying! You might have learned a valuable lesson, don't ask this forum to approve your actions!

Good job mate.

Did you mail in a letter or online letter?

I wrote them about my messed up situation with my car buying experience and I didn't get squat but a useless phone call, but sent it through their website online.

·
Banned
335 Posts
QUOTE (Davez621 @ Oct 22 2010, 03:15 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=365496
Do you know what my first year of service involved. One $8.95 oil change, one free oil change, and 2 oil changes at $16.95, all from the Dealer?

You wanted compensation for having an old 2011 :innocent:

·
Registered
386 Posts
Neither actually. I faxed my letters through. It's quicker and cheaper than mailing, and the person on the other end gets a physical copy, unlike an e-mail, which can also potentially get lost (plus their website form is buggy and has limited character space).

Here's the 2nd letter I sent, btw:

Dear Hyundai ,
Thank you for your prompt reply to my letter dated October 12. You prove that Hyundai’s customer service is excellent and that you take customer comments seriously. However, I was disappointed that you neglected to address my request for compensation. I feel that this is fair, because for one, satellite navigation was available to almost every other market from day one (such as Korea and North America), and as a result of it not being available here, I had to spend additional money on an aftermarket unit. Had I known that it would be made standard on my model after a few months, I would have obviously never purchased such a unit.
Of course, in my last letter, I mentioned the effect this new model will have on my resale value. Shouldn’t a customer buying a brand-new car a few weeks after it goes on sale, have a certain degree of peace of mind, regarding the value of their vehicle? Updating it a mere 4 months after launch is somewhat insulting to existing owners. I feel that the loyalty I have shown to the company should be rewarded. This upgrade is wonderful for potential future buyers of the vehicle, but what about existing owners? It does nothing for us, benefits us in no way, and adversely affects our resale value.
I would be satisfied with perhaps a free service, free accessory up to a certain value, or voucher of some kind. Such a small token really would go a long way in removing any bitterness that may exist at present.
Regards,

And the response I got:

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
QUOTE (Davez621 @ Oct 22 2010, 06:21 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=365534
Such a small token really would go a long way in removing any bitterness that may exist at present.
Regards,

And the response I got:

[attachment=20900:picture_001.jpg]
I have been lurking without comment because at first I did not think you were being reasonable. When you put it the way you did in the letter and gave them something specific they could do that would make you happy, now I understand and applaud you.

·
Banned
335 Posts
QUOTE (KFP @ Oct 22 2010, 05:38 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=365539
I have been lurking without comment because at first I did not think you were being reasonable. When you put it the way you did in the letter and gave them something specific they could do that would make you happy, now I understand and applaud you.
I thought Dave won a Years worth of Service, and now I read it as one Oil change. Retail value $19.95 AUD

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE (NFV6 @ Oct 22 2010, 06:04 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=365541
I thought Dave won a Years worth of Service, and now I read it as one Oil change. Retail value $19.95 AUD
I wouldn't say that I "won" anything. That would imply that it's some kind of prize. And yes, in effect, I did get a year's worth of service, because only 1 service is required per year (assuming one does average mileage). Normally I pay $200 or so for such a service, and that's from an independent garage, so I've saved myself at least that amount. "Retail value" is irrelevant - you're not factoring in labor.

·
Banned
335 Posts
We are required to visit the Dealer or a Service facility up to 4 times a year or more, and with your 5 Year UNLIMITED KM Warranty you are only required to take it in once a year. Hyundai Australia seems to require a very different service regimen than we follow. I found it interesting you are required to get a Full Scantool test on all systems done yearly which must be costly. They are sure heavy into Fuel systems treatments too? What's up with that? Air Filter/Coolant every 24K too or 2 years? You did Win Dave!

http://www.hyundai.com.au/Service-Matrix-T...er/default.aspx

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
QUOTE (NFV6 @ Oct 22 2010, 08:18 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=365556
We are required to visit the Dealer or a Service facility up to 4 times a year or more, and with your 5 Year UNLIMITED KM Warranty you are only required to take it in once a year. Hyundai Australia seems to require a very different service regimen than we follow. I found it interesting you are required to get a Full Scantool test on all systems done yearly which must be costly. They are sure heavy into Fuel systems treatments too? What's up with that? Air Filter/Coolant every 24K too or 2 years? You did Win Dave!

http://www.hyundai.com.au/Service-Matrix-T...er/default.aspx

Interesting. Your manual states that services are required every 6 months. Part of the reason is that I don't believe we travel as much distance each year. The average Australian only does 9,300 miles / 15,000 km per year (but I only do about 1/3 of this :) As a result, the intervals can be further apart. I believe it's also probably done to appeal more to fleets, who represent a large portion of Hyundai sales. Less required servicing makes the vehicles much more appealing to those big companies and fleets. Just a theory though.

·
Banned
335 Posts
Actually every 3000 miles for those who drive in severe conditions. I have never lived in an area of this Country that

wasn't considered severe. Still unlimited miles might be the best Hyundai Warranty out there!

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
QUOTE (NFV6 @ Oct 23 2010, 10:56 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=365651
Actually every 3000 miles for those who drive in severe conditions. I have never lived in an area of this Country that

wasn't considered severe. Still unlimited miles might be the best Hyundai Warranty out there!
We don't get the 10 year powertrain warranty, though.

·
Banned
335 Posts
QUOTE (Davez621 @ Oct 23 2010, 12:40 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=365678
We don't get the 10 year powertrain warranty, though.
I tell you who get's ripped off. Our Canadian friends. Just a 5 Year, 100K Warranty. I enjoy Hyundai, although please do

not think the 10 Year/100K pt Warranty does not come without tons of hoops. The first, presenting all service records for the past 10 years :57:

·
Registered
854 Posts
QUOTE (NFV6 @ Oct 23 2010, 04:02 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=365703
I tell you who get's ripped off. Our Canadian friends. Just a 5 Year, 100K Warranty. I enjoy Hyundai, although please do

not think the 10 Year/100K pt Warranty does not come without tons of hoops. The first, presenting all service records for the past 10 years :57:
Service records from the dealer? Or are we able to service ourself and keep receipts?

First new car so no idea.

Anybody?

·
Registered
136 Posts
You can have it serviced anywhere you want, as long as you have proof it was done. Doing it yourself is OK too, if you know how to do it correctly and provide receipts for parts used.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts