Hyundai Forums banner

41 - 60 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
QUOTE (Mr Pogle @ Mar 9 2011, 01:27 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=412683
Hi Zzykonn and :00000732: to the forums.

Your car looks good :thumbsup: did you buy new or used?

Hi Mr P,

Thanks for the welcome. I bought it new. Just under a month ago.
If I do anymore alterations on the car I will post pics.

P.S: Also I was wondering, is there any other South African i20 owners here that know of places in SA that one can get accessories for the car.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
7 Posts
Here's my 2009 1.4CRDI Style i20. Bought it a few months ago when she was 14 months old. The first diesel and the first Hyundai I've owned. Am impressed with the punchy little engine, the great fuel economy, the spec, the low road tax and the drive of the car. Not too sure about the levels of sound proofing in the i20, as things can get a bit noisey at times...but I still love the car.

[attachment=24336:i20_002.jpg] [attachment=24335:i20_001.jpg] [attachment=24337:i20_004.jpg] [attachment=24338:i20_006.jpg] [attachment=24339:i20_007.jpg]

Cheers Scruffy. :thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
QUOTE (Zzykonn @ Mar 9 2011, 04:34 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=412555
Hi Guys,

Also new on this forum, from South Africa. Recently bought the i20. Here are my pics.
I have 17 inch TSW Poison wheels with Yokohama tyres and I tinted the windows myself (Dark Grey).
I also have the light and bonnet guards.
Thinking about putting in a cone filter an free flow exhaust. And add some body kits to it, but getting kit here in SA for the i20 is hard.

Yo, fellow RSA i20 owner.
Just a thought, would all these mods void the warranty?
Thinking of 17" Rims, body kit, HID...

·
Registered
4 Posts
QUOTE (takuarc @ Mar 24 2011, 01:51 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=419970
Yo, fellow RSA i20 owner.
Just a thought, would all these mods void the warranty?
Thinking of 17" Rims, body kit, HID...
Hi Tak

As far as I know, the Rims will definitely not void the warranty as the dealership installed the rims for me before I picked the car up and they say that you can go 2 sizes up from the original tyre size. As for the body kit or other cosmetic changes/accessories, I do not think it will void any warranty( I could be wrong on this).
But I would say it is always good to double check with your dealership as I was going to do before installing any accessories.
Mechanical changes I would definitely be more careful off.

Take care...have a good weekend

·
Registered
19 Posts
QUOTE (Zzykonn @ Mar 25 2011, 07:44 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=420239
Hi Tak

As far as I know, the Rims will definitely not void the warranty as the dealership installed the rims for me before I picked the car up and they say that you can go 2 sizes up from the original tyre size. As for the body kit or other cosmetic changes/accessories, I do not think it will void any warranty( I could be wrong on this).
But I would say it is always good to double check with your dealership as I was going to do before installing any accessories.
Mechanical changes I would definitely be more careful off.

Take care...have a good weekend
Hi,

I'm from RSA as well...my i20 is still stock standard...thinking of putting a set of rims on mines as well. as for accessories and body kits n stuff, very hard to find anything for the i20 here...i seen the Brabus i20 body kit...flippin sweeet....but i reckon it would probably cost an arm and a leg....

i think you can get the dealer to replace the exhaust for you as well..i know a guy that had the dealer change the exhaust so his car would make more noise...lol...if you come accross any suppliers of the i20 stuff in SA, i would greatly appreciate if you would let me know.

Btw, has the 17" tires had any impact in your economy?

thanks...
enjoy...

·
Registered
4 Posts
QUOTE (Saaj @ May 24 2011, 03:32 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=450279
Hi,

I'm from RSA as well...my i20 is still stock standard...thinking of putting a set of rims on mines as well. as for accessories and body kits n stuff, very hard to find anything for the i20 here...i seen the Brabus i20 body kit...flippin sweeet....but i reckon it would probably cost an arm and a leg....

i think you can get the dealer to replace the exhaust for you as well..i know a guy that had the dealer change the exhaust so his car would make more noise...lol...if you come accross any suppliers of the i20 stuff in SA, i would greatly appreciate if you would let me know.

Btw, has the 17" tires had any impact in your economy?

thanks...
enjoy...

Hi Saaj,

I did get a few accessories from a shop called PitStop in Midrand, JHB. They did say they will be getting i20 bodykits. I have not checked back with them.

From what I have noticed, there is not an impact in economy. I current get abt 8.2L/100KM and that is only urban driving. Also I am not that conservative with my acceleration. So I am happy

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello,

I am from Austria (Europe) and this is my new Hyundai i20
(I apologize for my english)

[attachment=27412:i20.jpg][attachment=27413:i20_side.jpg]

planned cartuning:
dark window films
lowering Springs
17 or 18 inch rims
body kit
some stickers

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Our I20s

Hi Everyone

New to this forum and thought I'd post pics of our new I20 Actives. I have added 17" low profile alloys as well as rear parking sensors and cruise control to both cars. Mine is the dark grey, the electric green is my wife's.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Our cars are both autos and there was no problem installing cruise control as an aftermarket option. The cruise controller is mounted on the steering wheel. I can upload photos of the unit if you would like. Sorry I did not reply sooner but I have been away.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi I would like to see the unit/steering wheel. Thanks I am considering getting one of these cars, possibly with the new facelift later in the year. I also wanted to ask, if you bought those cars at the same time, did you get any discounts/incentives? Thanks.

41 - 60 of 101 Posts