Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm pretty excited right now since I've finally put the order in for the last pieces I need for something I've wanted for AGES and couldn't find used or for a reasonable price. I got it all for an extremely reasonable price altogether and I can't wait to put it on the car - I think several of you will be quite jealous when it's done :) So if you've got free time, which you do since you're reading this thread, feel free to guess what it is. You won't know until Monday night or until someone guesses it right. Here's a hint: the final total of the bill after shipping, taxes, and currency conversion is more than $500 and less than $1500 CND, but it's within that range and it's not something that's easily attainable via Ebay and online stores.

·
Registered
215 Posts
possibly a really expensive radio, megasquirt but you said not easily found, maybe 22'' rims made by lexani lol, how bout a turbo?, or airbag suspension,maybe a mail order bride for his passenger seat?, snow traxx, massage chairs, you paid rondy or hoosier to be moderator?

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
QUOTE (burnitwithfire @ Jun 9 2010, 06:32 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=331503
Race seats with correct fitting bottom brackets.
If I'm gonna go that far, I might as well get a roll cage and a 6 point harness system to boot :)

Lepap: Good guess, but no. I decided against it when I realized that unless I seriously tracked the car, I'd see no real benefit in doing a rear disc swap beyond aesthetic reasons. For the city/highway driving I do, rear drums are fine by me :p

Blood: If wishes were horses... sigh.

JM: You forgot the kitchen sink.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No, though I'm trying my frigging hardest to find a local to semi-local contact that is able to do it. The latest lead I had appears to be a dead-end, as they have not responded to my emails. I'll try calling them next week to see if they even still exist as a business. If it works out, I may be able to get details for those of you who want one. The important thing is having the mould made. They are based in Calgary though, so it's not as simple as swinging by :(

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
QUOTE (mpfive @ Jun 9 2010, 10:16 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=331558
Easy, you finally bought the sr body kit
MP with the win. :) Yes, I did, wheel flares and all.

So I kinda lied about the ebay thing but kinda not. See, it was not easy to acquire the ground effects kit since for the longest time the auto surplus store refused to ship to Canada. After I pestered the everlasting crap out of them, they finally relented. To give you an idea of what Canadian dealerships ask for a full SR lipkit, it's close to $3000CND for the kit... UNPAINTED... after taxes. So I started looking used for salvage SRs. Well, there's 500 of the silly things and the one I did find, the flare kit was off-limits. Go figure. So I knew I had to acquire the ground effects kit and get the flares some other way. The ground effects kit through ebay was 750 CND shipped with an additional 85 CND for border charges. Now this is where I was really happy - I was finally able to talk the dealership we deal with at my shop to 550CND for the flares. So altogether, I was able to get the entire kit - mostly painted - for 1400 CND, after taxes, shipping, currency conversion, etc. And that, my friends, is below half of what most other would would have to pay here if they went to a dealership.

I got the kit already, but the flares come Monday. Will probably have to paint them, but since I'm a painter... :D Gonna try to get the whole shebang on the car by next weekend at the latest.

So after all that, the only exterior mods I have left are my tail light experiments, which are on hold until I find a salvage left tail light, and quite possibly a satin black vinyl wrap for the car; else a metallic orange paint job. I'm waiting until I decide what to do with the car paint wise before I choose on rims though.

·
Registered
302 Posts
nice, congrats Naky. can't wait to see final outcome

btw, since i guessed it right, does that mean i get your body kit as a prize?? :p lol

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
QUOTE (Naky @ Jun 10 2010, 01:38 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=331578
MP with the win. :) Yes, I did, wheel flares and all.

So I kinda lied about the ebay thing but kinda not. See, it was not easy to acquire the ground effects kit since for the longest time the auto surplus store refused to ship to Canada. After I pestered the everlasting crap out of them, they finally relented. To give you an idea of what Canadian dealerships ask for a full SR lipkit, it's close to $3000CND for the kit... UNPAINTED... after taxes. So I started looking used for salvage SRs. Well, there's 500 of the silly things and the one I did find, the flare kit was off-limits. Go figure. So I knew I had to acquire the ground effects kit and get the flares some other way. The ground effects kit through ebay was 750 CND shipped with an additional 85 CND for border charges. Now this is where I was really happy - I was finally able to talk the dealership we deal with at my shop to 550CND for the flares. So altogether, I was able to get the entire kit - mostly painted - for 1400 CND, after taxes, shipping, currency conversion, etc. And that, my friends, is below half of what most other would would have to pay here if they went to a dealership.

I got the kit already, but the flares come Monday. Will probably have to paint them, but since I'm a painter... :D Gonna try to get the whole shebang on the car by next weekend at the latest.

So after all that, the only exterior mods I have left are my tail light experiments, which are on hold until I find a salvage left tail light, and quite possibly a satin black vinyl wrap for the car; else a metallic orange paint job. I'm waiting until I decide what to do with the car paint wise before I choose on rims though.
Nice. You will be the SECOND person to put the kit on their car. Haha. Man, those flares are expensive. Geez.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts