Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's get a health competition going: list your EcoScore (ES) along with your mileage to get a feeling how you are doing amongst the competition :)

Since I'm not exactly sure how ES is calculated, this is the best way that I know of to compare scores at different mileages: maybe you can also divide your ES by mileage to normalize your points per mile and that might be the best metric for comparing. Hopefully this will be helpful/fun for people.

Here's mine.
ES: 212 points
Mileage: 2800 mi
NES (Normalized ES/mi): 0.0757 p/mi

·
Banned
694 Posts
Wife was driving.
Every 200 points gets a planet.
We watched it pretty closely on the 2011, not so much on the new one.
Still enjoy the 'wreath' around the earth when you get another eco point.
Congrats on the great mpg you are getting; it will get a little better as you pack on the miles, especially after AC season.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Up to 134 in the 2013 with under 3000 miles on it. In the 2011 I got to 357 in about 17,000 miles. It is much easier to get them in the 2013, but it is also easier to get higher MPG.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Wife was driving.
Every 200 points gets a planet.
We watched it pretty closely on the 2011, not so much on the new one.
Still enjoy the 'wreath' around the earth when you get another eco point.
Congrats on the great mpg you are getting; it will get a little better as you pack on the miles, especially after AC season.
Thanks. Yes, in addition to AC, it also doesn't help that for the first 2 tanks of gas I was doing what I call "breaking in" the car by not driving fuel efficiently. And since I have filled up very few times, my Fuelly badge doesn't catch up quick enough to what I'm getting right now.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Let's get a health competition going: list your EcoScore (ES) along with your mileage to get a feeling how you are doing amongst the competition :)

Since I'm not exactly sure how ES is calculated, this is the best way that I know of to compare scores at different mileages: maybe you can also divide your ES by mileage to normalize your points per mile and that might be the best metric for comparing. Hopefully this will be helpful/fun for people.

Here's mine.
ES: 212 points
Mileage: 2800 mi
NES (Normalized ES/mi): 0.0757 p/mi
ES: 487 - 3 planets
Miles: 38,500
NES: Not sure how the Planets affect the calculation.

My Fuelly is headed up as well...

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Field or Planet Echo Score

614 after 29,000 miles
We like the Field better than the Planets

My wife likes to wait in the car with the A/C on while I am at the DR which kills the mileage.

·
Registered
802 Posts
I'm at about 820 after 12,000 miles. My commute to my old office was almost perfect for earning points, so I racked up a bunch. My new commute is too short (4.5 miles with 9 stoplights and 6 stop signs!), so I won't be getting nearly as many points anymore. :(

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm at about 820 after 12,000 miles. My commute to my old office was almost perfect for earning points, so I racked up a bunch. My new commute is too short (4.5 miles with 9 stoplights and 6 stop signs!), so I won't be getting nearly as many points anymore. :(
Ya, I can see this happening to me too. Right now, my commute is almost perfect in terms of distance/speeds. However, I am moving to San Fran area in 2 wks and will not be driving the car nearly as much (but my wife will :). I'll have to report on the change in mpg.

·
Registered
306 Posts
ES: 487 - 3 planets
Miles: 38,500
NES: Not sure how the Planets affect the calculation.

My Fuelly is headed up as well...
After thinking about my post...I do recall getting up to 990+ before getting planet number 1 at the bottom left then it started at zero again...so I guess that would mean ES = 3487
NES=0.0905714

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
After thinking about my post...I do recall getting up to 990+ before getting planet number 1 at the bottom left then it started at zero again...so I guess that would mean ES = 3487
NES=0.0905714
How do you figure that since you had 990+ before returning to planet 1, you add 3000 to 487 to get 3487? You're saying you got 3000 points before going back to planet 1?

That's seems like a very high NES from what we've seen so far, so if it's true, excellent.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I recall someone on these forums is over 3000 eco score... (3 planets). Last I checked, I was around 2700 (almost 3 planets); 59,000 mi. Much faster accumulation after the ECU update.

·
Registered
306 Posts
How do you figure that since you had 990+ before returning to planet 1, you add 3000 to 487 to get 3487? You're saying you got 3000 points before going back to planet 1?

That's seems like a very high NES from what we've seen so far, so if it's true, excellent.
Basically, I'm saying it went to 999miles (I saw it at 990 something) then started back at zero. Since I now have 3 of those planets...I have taken it to 1000 3 times already so I add a thousand for each planet and whatever the number.
I am no expert on this software...just recalling what I've observed and trying to put the pieces together.
As always, thanks for making me think just a little more. I'll try to write out my thoughts a little better the first time (next time) ;-)

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Basically, I'm saying it went to 999miles (I saw it at 990 something) then started back at zero. Since I now have 3 of those planets...I have taken it to 1000 3 times already so I add a thousand for each planet and whatever the number.
I am no expert on this software...just recalling what I've observed and trying to put the pieces together.
As always, thanks for making me think just a little more. I'll try to write out my thoughts a little better the first time (next time) ;-)
Where did the 1000 points for each planet come from? I thought it was closer to 200 points for every planet that you see...I only have like 220 points and I already have a planet.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Kayan, us oldies to this vehicle are well over the single 'planet'. When you get the full 1000 score you get a tiny planet on the bottom of the screen indicating that you've achieved a full 1000 and are starting over. When I refer to a planet, that's a fully 1000 though perhaps more accurately that's a complete solar system :).
200 pts for a planet, 1000 pts for a solar system (which only gives you a tiny planet on the bottom of the screen)

Jeff is over 3 solar systems (mini-planets); I'm almost there myself.

Hope this clarifies things.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Just under 33K miles and 904 points the second time around. So 1904 total. Also, got 47MPG out of my last tanks, I am doin' something right :)

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Kayan, us oldies to this vehicle are well over the single 'planet'. When you get the full 1000 score you get a tiny planet on the bottom of the screen indicating that you've achieved a full 1000 and are starting over. When I refer to a planet, that's a fully 1000 though perhaps more accurately that's a complete solar system :).
200 pts for a planet, 1000 pts for a solar system (which only gives you a tiny planet on the bottom of the screen)

Jeff is over 3 solar systems (mini-planets); I'm almost there myself.

Hope this clarifies things.
This is all I needed.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts