Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted the following and you were all right.
"Please help with my Hyundai Sonata Hybrid 2013 with 70k miles. Will not start now. Worked fine with two exceptions.
History:
Sept 2019. Did not drive for a week. Then, when I tried to start, Braking system said was shut down. Dealer installed new master cylinder, assembly, hydraulic power unit, flush, the works, Repair cost was originally $3k, and I paid half. Not under warranty. Technician Notes: "Battery low on voltage diag ahb master assy and hydraulic control unit has internal fluid pressure problem. Replace AHB and HPU assy perform hybrid bleed."
April 2020 Did not drive for a week. Took just one 2 mile trip. A week later. Same thing as in Sept. Braking system blasting and then said shut down. Second day, tried to start, now nothing. Dashboard Says "insert key" and then dies.

Any advice or recommendation? Is it a battery? Electrical? Brake? Other? Should I just tow to the same Hyundai dealer? The dealer can't see it til Tuesday, since they are half staffed.

It was a dead battery. I replaced the battery. Car is running. I told my full story to the first mechanic that I brought my car to back in September, and he says
that the dealer should pay me back the $1500
since it was only a battery back in September, and they never thought for a second that is what caused my instrument panel to say "Brake Failure" when it would not start. When a car is in it's sixth year, it's likely the battery, not the braking system, and I did not know it (because I did not know about this forum).
Is there a legal case here for me to get my money back from the dealer, because clearly it was the battery, and not the braking system.
What is your advice in this forum?
Has anyone else had the same experience as me?
Thank you, Mary

·
Registered
425 Posts
Don't sue the dealer. Go after Hyundai America for a reimbursement because the dealer was stupid or robbed you. Clearly it was only the SMALL battery that had lost its SMALL charge.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Do you have the old parts? Sometimes a dealer will keep parts for a long time if they are claiming warranty reimbursement from Hyundai. These parts may still exist and if they prove to not be defective it may bolster your case. Talk to head office first and ask if they have knowledge of where the parts are. Always be polite when dealing with all parties. Keep all bills, paperwork and your own notes from the past and future. I hope this all works out for the better.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts