Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

I just bought a 2018 Santa Fe from a dealership two weeks ago and on the day of purchase I also included VIN Etching and Cilajet on my contract agreement (I know, spent all my research time on deciding which car to buy but didn't spend time to research what should and should not pay at the dealership, lesson learned the hard way).

At this moment, the Cilajet is not yet applied to my car and I called the dealership trying to get it cancelled but they refused. I have spoken to different personnel there and I got different answers on the reason why the Cilajet can not be cancelled. One said because the Cilajet is a purchased product rather than a service so that's why the extended warranty and GAP insurance can be cancelled but the Cilajet can't. Another said there's a 5 year Cilajet warranty they purchased thru a third party and it can not be cancelled and they can do nothing about it.

I am very doubtful on whether they're speaking the truth and I am having a hard time believing something that has not been done to my car and I can not cancel it.

I can eat the $189 VIN etching but the Cilajet is $1495 and I would consider legal action as my last resort if what they're doing is in fact illegal. It is the Dublin Hyundai dealership from Northern California.

Any advises on how to deal with this situation anyone? Much appreciated with any help!

·
Registered
845 Posts
I would start by threatening legal action, or a complaint to the Better Business Bureau, and/or let them know they will get a negative Yahoo rating from you if they do not remove it, and see where that gets you. Deal directly with the General Manager of the dealership. Talking to the salesperson or the sales manager, or the finance manager will not get you what you want.

Actually taking legal action could cost you more than the Cilajet, so if you don't get anywhere, you might just want to eat your mistake.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for suggestion. In the phone call I was eventually passed onto discussion with the Consumer Relations Manager, who claimed herself the assistant to the dealership owner and that's as high as I could go.

On my last visit to the dealership the Sales Manager did give me a name card of the General Sales Manager, who they told me is the owner of the dealership. The name card has his cell so maybe I can try my luck one more time with that number.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for suggestion. In the phone call I was eventually passed onto discussion with the Consumer Relations Manager, who claimed herself the assistant to the dealership owner and that's as high as I could go.

On my last visit to the dealership the Sales Manager did give me a name card of the General Sales Manager, who they told me is the owner of the dealership. The name card has his cell so maybe I can try my luck one more time with that number.
Hi, I am in the same boat right now. I signed the contract for the cilajet because I was basically told I couldn't buy the car without it. Now im realizing that was BS. Were you able to get the cilajet off your contract agreement? I am going there tomorrow to see if they'll take it off..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts