Hyundai Forums banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
OH hi,
BTW white front parking lights are a WORLD standard as opposed to the American standard.
Around the globe; white front, amber side. red rear
period end of discussion.
Why Americans have to be so stubborn I'll never understand.
I'm an AMERICAN, living in America. I'm not talking about a 'standard', but rather a "preference". If you do not like it, simply do not do it.

Didn't your mama teach you - if you have nothing nice to say, then say nothing.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
my first car was given to me by my father, when he upgraded. 1950 buick roadmaster. sealed beams. talk about sucky lighting. i remember when halogen came out, it was, holy cow, lookit the LIGHT. when i got into bmw's, headlamps with a separate bulb were unlawful. but we all got them. SEV marchal amplilux were the holy grail. i had a set of cibie super oscars, 130w. had to modify an 80 amp alternator(stock was 45), and build a bumper mount for them. of all the lights i have ever had, i think the latest led's will blow them all away. plug and play, outlive the car, uses way less power, and low cost.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Hello to all:

This is my last post in this thread as (sadly) my 2006 Tucson is no longer in service. Please see this thread if you wish greater details. I will be leaving this sub-forum at this time and no longer following it as I have no vehicles in it any longer.

I am now following the 2016 (and newer) Tucson sub-forum.

To close this thread;

The fog lights never needed replacing~!

The PIAA Amber running lights (spendy ones) - only one ever burnt out!

I replaced a total of seven sets of headlights (due to low-beam failures, in all but one case, dead high-beam).
---

I have thought of writing up a new thread since I've changed my primary lights on my new Tucson already, but am sure no one over there will really care as everyone is drooling for LEDs it seems. But I remain unconvinced when it comes to "lumens on the ground" - through a projector lense - IMHO, HID *seems* to be the reining king AT THIS TIME - but at a cost many can ill afford.

Be well :)

21 - 23 of 23 Posts