Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Must have accidently hit the key fob and the trunk was partially opened for a whole day. When I noticed it, I thought Oh no the battery. It started fine. In the old days that might have required a jump. Does leaving doors or trunk open not drain batteries anymore, or is it worse with the interior lights? Just curious.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Those lights draw very little power, unlike say headlights, etc. I've left the dome lights on all night before (more than once) in our cars with no issues.

·
22,788 Posts
Same here, Randy. Dome light! Chalked it up to old age. Car started just fine the next afternoon.

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
They turn OFF by themselves after a while if you forget the dome light. That's why it doesn't drain the battery. This is a nice feature.

·
22,788 Posts
Now that you mention it. I noticed this last weekend with the trunk LEDs. I had it open for a bit while messing around in the garage.

·
22,788 Posts
That's neat, why isn't hyundai advertising it as one of the features?
Maybe that's a universal standard with most manufacturers, these days. Not being that knowledgeable of all the models, makes, etc. I don't know. But it is a nice feature! I remember the way it "used to be!" And the outcome wasn't pleasent.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Maybe that's a universal standard with most manufacturers, these days. Not being that knowledgeable of all the models, makes, etc. I don't know. But it is a nice feature! I remember the way it "used to be!" And the outcome wasn't pleasent.
I think GM has been doing it for nearly a decade now. My Silverado has that feature.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I just did this last night. I must done it with the fob in my pocket. Happens all the time for some reason. I must carry too much stuff in there lol

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
One trunk light overnight = no problem.

Several interior lights in a Santa Fe overnight = problem.

Trust me :)

·
22,788 Posts
One trunk light overnight = no problem.

Several interior lights in a Santa Fe overnight = problem.

Trust me :)
This post has "frightening" written all over it. I'll make a note to "self" to watch out for this.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
I also was guilty more than once by leaving the lights on, head, interior & trunk fully open. Every single time, it saved itself by turning out the lights. That's what you get when you have an enclosed garage and sneak inside for a bite, and forget what you did before your taste buds needed a fix.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Trunk remote solution

I got a rubber remote cover from thejacketstore.com but went a step further. I found some heavy transparent plastic, cut it to size and stuck it inside the cover to further decrease the sensitivity.

·
22,788 Posts
^ Like a guy wearing suspenders AND a belt, huh? "Double Safety Man!"

1 - 19 of 19 Posts