Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

After doing extensive searching thru the forums I’ve reached to the conclusion that I should ask for help. (Btw found really good stuff on this forum)

1998 Hyundai Sonata GLS v6 140,000km
Only after market items - alpine Head unit (has been connected for months tho) and an immobilizer(installed on the car long before I acquired it)

Anyways,

About 3 weeks ago I was walking out to my car and hit the remote key fob open door button. I noticed once I hit the button my left front and rear park/turn light signal flicked on and stayed on even when I started the car. This has happened twice before and I believe I solved the issue by pressing the unlock/lock button repeatedly until it turned off. This time stupid me forgot it was still lit when I left the car and it drained my battery.

Things I’ve tried
Pulled the t/sig, b/alarm, hazard fuses (light stays on), even pulled the t/sig relay no lucky. I didn’t try all of them at once tho.

Looking for advice on what to try next!

Thanks in advance,

Sean

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
If you have an aftermarket alarm I assume it was wired to flash the lights when armed or disarmed.
Sounds like the relay that controls the parking lights flash is sticking.
Find it and unplug it when the lights are stuck on and see if they go out.
If they do then you know you need to replace that relay.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Expanding on Grady's solution; if you flick the alarm on and off several times, quickly, you might be able to clear the corrosion that could be at the root of the problem. If it works, the problem will likely return--or the system might fail completely--but steady-state issues are easier to diagnose than intermittent ones.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts