Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have Hid fog and headlights in my civic but trying to decide if I want to do the same in my 2011 Sonata. I‘ve never used Leds and have heard different things about them. Just want to get peoples experiences and opinions? Pros and cons with recommendations are appreciated.

I called a shop that is reputable and have done business for most of my audio, tints, etc. Talked to them today and they said $35-$75 for LEDs and $65-$75 for HIDs, $200 for the install on the fogs & headlights.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Waste of money

·
Registered
1,966 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
You’ll need the whole new light assemblies globes and all. Once you’ve had LED you’ll never go back. The difference is dazzling.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Nothing dazzling about HID/LED or halogens. Its all light!
My newest car came with factory LED hi/lo beams. Nothing special. My older car has factory HID for low beams and again, nothing special. The stock halogens work just as well as the HID and LED cars that I have. The only thing that is overly annoying with the LED, and even HID, bulbs is the overly cool high kelvin low color rendering index that are too common. But, all snowflakes want that borderline cool-blue or bleached white bulb look.

Driving lights(aka fog location clears), low beams, and high beams all have specific beam requirements. What most special-ed retards want is a low beam that has a high beam output. They are different for a reason.

Many just need to visit the optometrist or optician and get some good glasses/contacts as the best way to improve their driving at night vision. Another option is to remove the limo tint off of the windshield.

You are brainwashed to waste money on useless improvements. So, enjoy your HID or LED conversion for bragging rights. Its like jumping off a bridge just because everyone else does it. The Pied Piper plays your tune. Follow along sheeple.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nothing dazzling about HID/LED or halogens. Its all light!
My newest car came with factory LED hi/lo beams. Nothing special. My older car has factory HID for low beams and again, nothing special. The stock halogens work just as well as the HID and LED cars that I have. The only thing that is overly annoying with the LED, and even HID, bulbs is the overly cool high kelvin low color rendering index that are too common. But, all snowflakes want that borderline cool-blue or bleached white bulb look.

Driving lights(aka fog location clears), low beams, and high beams all have specific beam requirements. What most special-ed retards want is a low beam that has a high beam output. They are different for a reason.

Many just need to visit the optometrist or optician and get some good glasses/contacts as the best way to improve their driving at night vision. Another option is to remove the limo tint off of the windshield.

You are brainwashed to waste money on useless improvements. So, enjoy your HID or LED conversion for bragging rights. Its like jumping off a bridge just because everyone else does it. The Pied Piper plays your tune. Follow along sheeple.
thanks for replying but I can’t take anyone’s referral referencing people as special-Ed retards just cause of what people want to do to their cars is a little ridiculous.
It’s immature actually and makes you sounds lower as person than the people you’re insulting.

·
Registered
185 Posts
My personal experience is that many people who use LEDs don't seem to have a bloody clue what they're doing and blind people in oncoming traffic. It's extremely irritating.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My personal experience is that many people who use LEDs don't seem to have a bloody clue what they're doing and blind people in oncoming traffic. It's extremely irritating.
sounds like a height adjustment which I understand. Most peoplejust plug in the new headlights and don’t re-align them.
What I’m looking for is more long term experience, issues and such.

I’ve enjoyed the HiDs but had to replace the fog light a couple time due to condensation but I think it’s because of the aftermarket fog light, not the actual HID and wanted an alternative.

·
Registered
7,532 Posts
Personally I hate LEDs as they just put out a blob of light. The blue spectrum too is quite blinding to me.

I have HIDs in the fogs but you cannot use them like the low power factory fogs and leave them on with the low beams. Even 35w HIDs will dazzle the drivers coming on. It's easy to change the function of the fogs so that they are independently controlled by the switch and can be turned on anytime the ignition is in run.

But the HIDs in the fogs is one of my best mods on both cars I have. I also adjust them so they point up as high as I can get them.

·
Registered
235 Posts
They probably had led bulbs in their original halogen housings. The right housings and proper aiming are far more important with these new type bulbs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
121 Posts
I put a Morimoto 35w 4500k HID setup in my 2013 Sonata and they were amazing. The beam pattern was correct and I never once got flashed by an oncoming driver. I have a thread up in the YF Sonata forum somewhere with before/after pics.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
I put a Morimoto 35w 4500k HID setup in my 2013 Sonata and they were amazing. The beam pattern was correct and I never once got flashed by an oncoming driver. I have a thread up in the YF Sonata forum somewhere with before/after pics.

Thats what i just purchased a couple days ago and waiting for them to arrive from TRS. I bought the 5500k bulbs and excited to hear that you are happy with them.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I have a 35w 6500k Morimoto setup in my wife's Santa Fe and I will probably go with 5500k in the Santa Fe Sport I just bought. It's a nice happy medium.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts