Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered on 2/16 and the arrived on 2/26, but required signature so I didn't get to pick them up until yesterday. Plan is to install this weekend. The good, very hefty unit's with a good size heat sink (no listing if it has a fan or not, can't tell just by looking). Supposed to be a direct fit for the 16+ halogen models. Built in "adapter" looks correct. Cree LED's are good sized. I have 2500 LM in the Elantra, so the output should be similar. Bad news for me, the seller has already lowered the price below my original "make offer" that was excepted... Oh well. Excited about getting these in. The come with a 3 year warranty according to the box. Have asked the seller a question, as there are 2 o ring/gasket in a separate bag, and no indication as to where they go.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/172739918478?ul_noapp=true

Attachments

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So are these plug and play with no mods needed for the headlight assembly? And... I assume that because they're H7's that they're meant for the high beams?

They are listed as H7-3, they have the "adapter" built in for the low beam projector. They won't fit in the high beam side. Supposed to be specifically for the 16+ Tucson (I'm sure a few others as well). They appear to be truly plug and play, but I'll know more once installed. These lock into the projector and the control box plugs into the wiring harness.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Craptastic. I want to put a set of LED's in the high beams to match the fact that the rest of the car which with the exception of the headlights (brighter HID's) and high beams (Phillip's Xeon look bulbs) are LEDs. Thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Craptastic. I want to put a set of LED's in the high beams to match the fact that the rest of the car which with the exception of the headlights (brighter HID's) and high beams (Phillip's Xeon look bulbs) are LEDs. Thanks for the tip.
I have regular H7's I'm putting in the high beams as well.

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What are you putting in as high beams?

Keep truckin'

I have these already I'm installing. Similar to what I put in my Elantra.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Are they bright enough?

Keep truckin'

Definitely, I have them in both the high and low in the Elantra. These are the low beams at 50. The reflectors even light up the trees on high....lol

Attachments

·
Registered
207 Posts
Not fitting the high beam? hmmm
I wanted to get those braided LEDs for the high beams but stories around the internet say it's not good do have them tucked into the headlight assembly, as they need to be spaced out to dissipate the heat quickly enough to not affect the LED lifetime. That means, of course, leaving the dust cap off and I'm not ready to do that, especially given I use the high beams quite infrequently (less than once a month).

What about some fog lights LEDs? In EUDM we have H8(L) bulbs (I guess the L comes from the fact they run at 35W)

·
Registered
284 Posts
I wanted to get those braided LEDs for the high beams but stories around the internet say it's not good do have them tucked into the headlight assembly, as they need to be spaced out to dissipate the heat quickly enough to not affect the LED lifetime. That means, of course, leaving the dust cap off and I'm not ready to do that, especially given I use the high beams quite infrequently (less than once a month).

What about some fog lights LEDs? In EUDM we have H8(L) bulbs (I guess the L comes from the fact they run at 35W)

Just noting some use that same reason to justify keeping dust caps on with the braids tucked in. They'll never heat up enough long enough for it to matter.

Thought of that myself, I can't remember the last time I used high beams for driving, rather than flashing.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Just noting some use that same reason to justify keeping dust caps on with the braids tucked in. They'll never heat up enough long enough for it to matter.

Thought of that myself, I can't remember the last time I used high beams for driving, rather than flashing.
I bought a extra set of dust caps, and modified them so the braids could stick out and the resistors hang on the outside

Keep truckin'

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

I've been running the braided style in the Elantra for a couple of years now with no dust caps. I also run the same in both the Elantra and Tucson for the fog. No issues.

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Reactions: mas5004
1 - 17 of 17 Posts