Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELP!

I ordered the LED Side Turn Signals for my 2011 SE Turbo. The mirrors physically fit but the wiring is NOT plug and play compatible. The mirrors have Korean writing on them, so they are obviously not a True Match.

Has anyone actually had these hooked up?

Also, these seems MUCH heavier than my originals. I have heard rumors that the Korean Mirrors fold up, can anyone confirm or deny this?

I really like these and I don't want to try to return them. I got them from Korean Auto Imports, which has an office in Arizona, but these shipped from S. Korea.

If anyone can help...please do.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Just swap the connectors out. On the American one, pull the black thing off, and stick a small pick tool inside the pin for the hole, there is a "latch" that holds the pin in place. Dow this on both plugs and you are good. Read the how to on the LED tailights, same concept.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I can't remember who it is anymore but if you do a search there is a thread on these. The Op actually installed them and got the power folding feature to work with help from Shark Racing for providing the switch and new door trim piece.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, I'll look for that tail light post after work today, I'm just worried about whick pin will be the correct one. There are several extra wires (4 I think) on the Korean mirrors. I'm guessing 2 for LEDs and 2 for folding.

I checked hma service online and they don't show a wiring guide.

If either of you know how I can find the post about the folding parts from shark racing please let me know, ice searched and nothing is coming up.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I take it back, I think I know what post you were talking about, I left a message but that thread looks abandoned.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
http://www.hyundai-forums.com/index.php?sh...;hl=led+mirrors

found it. So it looks like two major difference is the drivers mirror is curved differently so your have to get used to that. The second is the unpainted part is gloss black which would look weird as the rest of the trim infront of the mirror is a matte black. To get power fold to work your need to install the switch but your need the interior trim piece. Guessing if you dont want power fold you can leave those wires unconnected.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey,

I'm in North Carolina. I found a guy who could give me the wiring diagram. The factory US has 5 wires while the Korean has 9 (i think, i'd have to count) 2 extra for the LED and 2 extra for the motor. Also, apparently the power for the LED are not prewired, so I'd have to get power from the turn signal input, wherever that is. So I can wire up the left, right, up, down part relatively easy, but not the LED which is the entire reason I placed the order.

The diagram he gave me identified the Sky Blue + White for the LEDs. The problem is getting power to them from the turn signal wire, which presents several problems.

1. I can't truly confirm what wires the turn signal are.
2. How in the world to get a wire into the door and into the signal.

·
Registered
516 Posts
You are going to have to run wires from the mirror, to the door jamb. At the main plug, the turn signals are wired up to there already. What I did is buy a harness from a Limited model, the drivers side is $290, passengers side is $190. I took my stock harness, and pull some wires from it to be able to hook up the power folding. You will need a new mirror switch, and the panel that holds the switches.

So far I have only done the drivers side, the LED and the folding work on that side. I still need to buy the passengers side harness, and find out how much the harness that connects to costs. I want to be able to pull wires out of there to add the wires for the power folding to run across the car.

One word of caution, to change the door harness, you have to pull the glass. I went ahead and swapped the entire harness rather than pull wires from it so I didn't have to guess what did what. But to get to the module for the proximity sensor, glass has got to come out. Not very hard, just be careful.

I also got new delta panels, (the plastic in front of the mirror and in the rear door) I got a quote of $250 to pull the flat black tape off the doors and paint them gloss black. I just have not had alot of time to mess with it here as of late.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts