Hyundai Forums banner

261 - 272 of 272 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
I hope someone can give info asap

Me and my brother in law are trying to install this, we received the kit yesterday.

We are wondering what is the purpose of the harness? We installed the lights without using the harness and all of those cables being run as shown on the pictures but they seem to work fine? Am i missing something?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ok guys. Its been a while. Worth the work and money to do these lights? The price has gone down. $253 + $75 shipping. Any issues or problems?

·
Registered
274 Posts
I'm thinking about picking up the smoked LED tails.. but a little concerned about the whole wiring situation for the inners. Is it that bad?

·
Registered
19 Posts
My question is somewhat related to this topic, specifically the harness wiring. I hope you can help me. I own a 2017 Santa Fe Sport 2.0 Ultimate Tech. I am replacing the two rear turn signal light bulbs with LEDs. I also have a load resistor for each to stop the hyper-flashing effect. I am at a loss as to which wires I am supposed to be tapping into to connect the red and black wires on the resistors to the car's harness. Can someone please help me with this?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Raul

·
Registered
920 Posts
My question is somewhat related to this topic, specifically the harness wiring. I hope you can help me. I own a 2017 Santa Fe Sport 2.0 Ultimate Tech. I am replacing the two rear turn signal light bulbs with LEDs. I also have a load resistor for each to stop the hyper-flashing effect. I am at a loss as to which wires I am supposed to be tapping into to connect the red and black wires on the resistors to the car's harness. Can someone please help me with this?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Raul

Hi Raul, it's actually pretty easy and you can Google some pictures and a lot will pop up. Basically you tap end of the resistor to the red wire and the other end of the resistor to ground, this is per side and both should stop the hyper flashing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi Raul, it's actually pretty easy and you can Google some pictures and a lot will pop up. Basically you tap end of the resistor to the red wire and the other end of the resistor to ground, this is per side and both should stop the hyper flashing.

Thank you! Do you know what color the ground wire is by any chance?

·
Registered
920 Posts
Thank you! Do you know what color the ground wire is by any chance?

Hi Raul, sorry for the delay but were you asking which side of the resistor are ground? If I'm not mistaken and it doesn't matter whichever end you pick as your ground because the other end you will tap that to the +. I haven't encounter any resistors that comes in 2 colours as of yet so if your resistors comes with a black wire then that is ground and the other wire must be tap to the positive wire. I was suppose to post up some pics for you from Google but I forgot so here it is, hope that helps.

·
Registered
920 Posts
261 - 272 of 272 Posts