Hyundai Forums banner

241 - 260 of 273 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Anyone with a Serrano Red SFS planning on putting the smoked tails in? I'm thinking of ordering a set of tails and don't know if I should get red or smoked, would like to see pics of smoked on a red model.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Anyone with a Serrano Red SFS planning on putting the smoked tails in? I'm thinking of ordering a set of tails and don't know if I should get red or smoked, would like to see pics of smoked on a red model.
Personally, I think the smoked ones look the best on a black vehicle. They do seem out of place with the red reflectors and if I had the smoked ones, I would find a way to smoke the reflectors as well.

·
Registered
413 Posts
you can get them off me or off ebay, I think the price is the same. Back when they weren't on ebay I was exclusive but now that other shops got them in inventory I lost the exclusiveness T.T
That really sucks you should have told the manufacture that you wanted the exclusive rights for 3-6 months...

·
Registered
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
2,256 Posts
Personally, I think the smoked ones look the best on a black vehicle. They do seem out of place with the red reflectors and if I had the smoked ones, I would find a way to smoke the reflectors as well.
Own a red Sonata and I agree. The red of the leds along with the red paint just flow better.

Either way, LED tails are the way to go and if you can get them....GET THEM!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just got my LED Smoke/black Tail lights today...spent about 2 hours installing and wiring the set. Pics (taken with my smart phone) shows the lens do look very dark but actually are lighter. Everything works well.
How have the lights held up over time? Do you still like the look of the smoked or do you wish you had gotten the regular reds? I'm contemplating getting some of these myself.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hallo yefeng, i am also very interested in Led Tail Lights for my Santa Fe. My, Car is a German Version of the DM, build in 2013. Are the Light also Compatible with the German wirering? Are the additional Cables for the second yellow lights included with the Led Tail Lights?
Grethings from Germany

·
Registered
3 Posts
Bit the bullet and got the smoked tails. I'm really digging them :grin2:. I didn't do the extra step for the center light turn signals though.

Attachments

·
Registered
544 Posts
JimmyGT

Nice job with the smoked reflectors. I agree, go the extra step. Check out my YouTube video for installation tips if you need any.

·
Registered
242 Posts
yefeng, which ebay listings are you talking about?

Are you still accepting orders? I am interested in getting the smoked one. Please PM for info.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
I did the hatch wiring for the directionals.. a pain but you really can't see the directionals on the sides from the back during the day. What gets me is this thick wire they provided for these tiny LEDs. A really thin wire would have worked much, much easier for the very small power drain.

I'm considering removing the resistor for the center of the brake lights. They not dim enough to differentiate between the tail light and brake. Without that resistor, the tails would only be the wide outer edge, then the full center.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I don't know which ones on eBay would work on our 2013 models. I should have bought it before when yefeng was still selling them, darn it :(

·
2,258 Posts
241 - 260 of 273 Posts