Hyundai Forums banner

221 - 240 of 273 Posts

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
I agree with the directionals, being on that curved part and just a strip of amber. it provides a quite limited view. The additional wire (which is provided, but way over sized for the amperage needed) to the hatch directional is needed. There are pictures on pg 16, but with the molding off.. how do you get them off without breaking anything ?

·
Registered
544 Posts
There are four philips screws on the top cover as well as two 10mm bolts for the handle. The rest just pop off as they are secured with plastic fasteners.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just got my LED Smoke/black Tail lights today...spent about 2 hours installing and wiring the set. Pics (taken with my smart phone) shows the lens do look very dark but actually are lighter. Everything works well.

Attachments

·
Registered
544 Posts
These lights really look awesome. I noticed some drivers changing lanes to follow me to get a better look. LOL The smoked ones would look amazing on a black car.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
They do look great. I like the smoked look.

mccreed, be awesome if you could smoke out the bumper reflectors, or better yet, get the camily style LED reflectors to match the LED tail.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Just got my LED Smoke/black Tail lights today...spent about 2 hours installing and wiring the set. Pics (taken with my smart phone) shows the lens do look very dark but actually are lighter. Everything works well.
Wow! These totally transform the look of the car. Amazing.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
How is the reflective ability/quality of these darkened lenses? When not on, and other lights hit them, do they still reflect as OE?
John

·
Registered
3 Posts
Glad to know you guys like them :D

There may be some new head lights on the way ;)
What's wrong with the OEM ones?
Any examples of Sonatas or Velosters with aftermarket head lights?

I like them just fine, just need to add HIDs one of these days and upgrade the top LED eyebrow to turn it into a proper DRL and that's it for me.

Btw these tail lights look really cool, I want a pair with the normal ROTW-spec connectors for a Korean-built 2.2 CRDI Santa Fe. Cheers!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Jorge you mean the standard KDM wiring? as far as I know the USDM and the KDM plugs and wiring are the same as the OEM Mobis ones just plug right in without any modifications.
Ok, glad to know, thought I read somewhere in here that USDM tail lights had different wiring or connectors that you were working on matching. Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Those were for the Sonata, for the SF the USDM wiring is the same as the as the KDM and the connectors are identical so it was just a matter of switching the pins around from the CDM to the USDM/KDM. Just out of curiousity jorge you US based, AUS based or UK based?
Costa Rica-based!

221 - 240 of 273 Posts