Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 272 Posts

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Im part of the Sonata side and have a question for you guys.

Currently now im working together with a manufacturer here in China and am working on a redesign of the Sonata YF lamps, when I went to the manufacturers factory yesterday he asked me about the Santa Fe.

He gave me a set of Lamps and wanted to know about the harness since many KDM and USDM harness are not the same so that's why im here.

I took pictures of the Lamps and wanted to know your guys' feedback on design as well as the harness..

Here are the pictures, and please let me know what you guys think.

Design:

Harness:

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
is the harness the same as the USDM one?

Because on the YF Sonata it's not, and I had to get the USDM harness sent from the states in order to have the manufacturer make it... I would like to make installation as easy as possible lol.

First pic is driving lights btw. Second is brake ... forgot to label them as I was rushing to have them rotated before the 20 minute deadline of editing reached

·
Registered
622 Posts
They have 2 types since the 14's have LED and regular tail lamps. I'll get you pics of the connectors in just a sec.

·
Registered
622 Posts
carmine, thanks a bunch... according to those diagrams you sent they seem to match and would be P&P :D
Nice!! Those actually seem better than the stock LED tail lamps. The "brake" and "turn signal" lights are not LED, but the tail light is. Weird design if you ask me. I'd think it would be either or, not both together.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Here's my tail lights. You can clearly see the one regular bulb, that's the brake/turn signal. The strips above are the LED that come on with head/parking lights. Strange.

image.jpg

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I like the original design, but agree that if you're using LED technology then why not just do the whole thing in LED.. same thing with the YF and the Elantra...

But the worst that I can't understand are LED driving but halogen brake... (aka, C-class, 3 series)...

wait wait... your brake isn't LED?

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Those are sweet. They are the similar style to what comes on the Canadian Santa Fe LWB or XL (ie. surface emitting style LED stripe - see below). I am not sure, however, whether my brake lights are LED as well, or halogen. Now you have me curious and will have to confirm.

·
Registered
622 Posts
I like the original design, but agree that if you're using LED technology then why not just do the whole thing in LED.. same thing with the YF and the Elantra...

But the worst that I can't understand are LED driving but halogen brake... (aka, C-class, 3 series)...

wait wait... your brake isn't LED?
Ah crap, yes the tail/brake lights are LED, but the turn signal is the cheap bulb. Sorry, my mistake. Must have gotten it mixed up with another SFS since I see them all the time at work.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
lol good to know, the whole led driving but bulb brake is weird.... don't understand it since the reason WHY led's were first used with brake lights is because the reaction time is quicker for them to engage and be seen than regular bulbs...

now IF the reason why they did it is because staring at LED's for a long time hurts the eyes... then I can understand... (was staring at the sonata tails for over 20 minutes figuring out what changes to be made.... hurt my vision lol)

·
Registered
544 Posts
I have already seen these on eBay for about $350.00 a pair. The quality does not seem very good and the light output seems questionable. I'll see if I can find the link.

·
Registered
182 Posts
yefeng, can you comment on the headlight in your picture?

Are they good quality?
Good fitment?
And are they bright, espacially the brake light??
Is there a side reflector???

Because I really love the design and would buy some for sure!

·
Registered
289 Posts
I love that look better than the OEM LED version but would def need to know more about the quality! Too bad i just bought OEM led tails a couple weeks ago too :(

·
Registered
544 Posts
You can't go wrong with OEM. It would be nice to find a user review on these though. The pics don't seem to indicate uniform brightness.

1 - 20 of 272 Posts