Hyundai Forums banner

LED Tail Lights

69K views 272 replies 50 participants last post by  Berlinetta 
#1 · (Edited)
Im part of the Sonata side and have a question for you guys.

Currently now im working together with a manufacturer here in China and am working on a redesign of the Sonata YF lamps, when I went to the manufacturers factory yesterday he asked me about the Santa Fe.

He gave me a set of Lamps and wanted to know about the harness since many KDM and USDM harness are not the same so that's why im here.

I took pictures of the Lamps and wanted to know your guys' feedback on design as well as the harness..

Here are the pictures, and please let me know what you guys think.

Design:

Harness:

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
is the harness the same as the USDM one?

Because on the YF Sonata it's not, and I had to get the USDM harness sent from the states in order to have the manufacturer make it... I would like to make installation as easy as possible lol.

First pic is driving lights btw. Second is brake ... forgot to label them as I was rushing to have them rotated before the 20 minute deadline of editing reached

#10 ·
I like the original design, but agree that if you're using LED technology then why not just do the whole thing in LED.. same thing with the YF and the Elantra...

But the worst that I can't understand are LED driving but halogen brake... (aka, C-class, 3 series)...

wait wait... your brake isn't LED?

#11 ·
Those are sweet. They are the similar style to what comes on the Canadian Santa Fe LWB or XL (ie. surface emitting style LED stripe - see below). I am not sure, however, whether my brake lights are LED as well, or halogen. Now you have me curious and will have to confirm.

#14 ·
lol good to know, the whole led driving but bulb brake is weird.... don't understand it since the reason WHY led's were first used with brake lights is because the reaction time is quicker for them to engage and be seen than regular bulbs...

now IF the reason why they did it is because staring at LED's for a long time hurts the eyes... then I can understand... (was staring at the sonata tails for over 20 minutes figuring out what changes to be made.... hurt my vision lol)

#19 ·
I love that look better than the OEM LED version but would def need to know more about the quality! Too bad i just bought OEM led tails a couple weeks ago too :(

#21 ·
Turbo, the ones you see on ebay are from a different manufacturer using the same design, im going to let my manufacturer know... problem down here is they don't care about patents so if someone likes the design they will just use it without the approval of the original patent holder - -ll

But I agree you cant go wrong with OEM, just the only problem with OEM is that their designs are limited.

Kamelu, the ones on Alibaba are from a trading company so a third party and not the actual manufacturer... I would advise against getting from a trading company as the warranty claim would be a bit difficult.

Also to answer your other questions, in terms of quality my manufacturer has very good quality as I have been using his lamps on my sonata for at least half a year without any issues. Fitment, since they use the original housing to create the mold the fitment should be perfect, however I can ask him if he has any images of them fitted. Light output is very bright, it's difficult to catch the proper light output on a iphone camera but I have some images for that

driving:

Brake:

Since the lights were positioned on the floor I couldn't get a proper shot but the brake output is like this: (YF sonata)

and there are no sidemarker lights fitted on the housings

For a review, would be nice to see.... but so far the lights haven't been out for a long time and my manufacturer asked me to ask you guys...

But turbo, let me assure you the output is even...

#43 ·
Turbo, the ones you see on ebay are from a different manufacturer using the same design, im going to let my manufacturer know... problem down here is they don't care about patents so if someone likes the design they will just use it without the approval of the original patent holder - -ll

But I agree you cant go wrong with OEM, just the only problem with OEM is that their designs are limited.

Kamelu, the ones on Alibaba are from a trading company so a third party and not the actual manufacturer... I would advise against getting from a trading company as the warranty claim would be a bit difficult.

Also to answer your other questions, in terms of quality my manufacturer has very good quality as I have been using his lamps on my sonata for at least half a year without any issues. Fitment, since they use the original housing to create the mold the fitment should be perfect, however I can ask him if he has any images of them fitted. Light output is very bright, it's difficult to catch the proper light output on a iphone camera but I have some images for that

driving:

Brake:

Since the lights were positioned on the floor I couldn't get a proper shot but the brake output is like this: (YF sonata)

and there are no sidemarker lights fitted on the housings

For a review, would be nice to see.... but so far the lights haven't been out for a long time and my manufacturer asked me to ask you guys...

But turbo, let me assure you the output is even...
I'm not sure the OEM LED lamps come with side markers either, pictured in all of the ebay sellers and KAI there is not a pictured side marker but a reflector. So if anyone is concerned... Don't be :p

#23 ·
So when will these be available from the manufacturer and what pricing are we talking? Will they be in need of someone to test fit or offer any promotional deals. I love the new look :D

#26 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.