Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey whats I have been searching the forum and the web does anyonw know if people tried the led tail lights from the 2014 and if so are they plug and play thanks

·
Registered
584 Posts
I am not sure whether they are entirely plug and play as the tail gate lights in the 2014 function as part of the brake lights where the 2013 tail gate lights only function as running lights. You would need to replace the tail lights and lift gate lights to look the same as the 2014.

·
Registered
289 Posts
LED tail lights for the 2013-2014 are plug and play.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh ok wasn't sure if it would mess up anything with the car cause when I had led brake light bulbs it messed with the cruise control.

·
Registered
289 Posts
When it's OEM 99% of the time it shouldnt mess things up as long as it fits

·
Registered
135 Posts
So the 2014's do have LED tails. I was driving behind a SFS a few weeks ago and it had gorgeous LED tail lights. Man, they look sooo much better than the 2013s.

·
Registered
584 Posts
So the 2014's do have LED tails. I was driving behind a SFS a few weeks ago and it had gorgeous LED tail lights. Man, they look sooo much better than the 2013s.
Yes, we have a few in my work area and I constantly need to grab a tissue to wipe the drool. I believe they are only available here on the Limited though.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Cruise control on the Santa Fe? I do not have any issues with my LED bulbs in my tail lights.
I'd like to see a quick video of those LED bulbs in action if you would be so kind... that sounds like a much cheaper option then getting upgraded tail lamps at hundreds a piece! Curious to see how much of a difference there is in look compared to the stock 2013 set up.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I'd like to see a quick video of those LED bulbs in action if you would be so kind... that sounds like a much cheaper option then getting upgraded tail lamps at hundreds a piece! Curious to see how much of a difference there is in look compared to the stock 2013 set up.
I was thinking about the same thing and seeing how it turns out. If I decide to I'll shoot some pics up

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi all I have the 2014, here's the shot of the tail lights in idle, are the LEDs you were referring to?

not sure if this is different from the 2013s... I'd love to get my hands on the LED bottom brake lights too like this one:

·
Registered
413 Posts
Hi all I have the 2014, here's the shot of the tail lights in idle, are the LEDs you were referring to?

not sure if this is different from the 2013s... I'd love to get my hands on the LED bottom brake lights too like this one:

That's a reflector with LED's exLed used to have the tail lights that matched those bottom Led's.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Check out post #83 in this thread. It is on my YouTube page.

http://www.hyundai-forums.com/260-d...iy-front-led-signal-lights-9.html#post1819954

They are brighter than stock bulbs and I think they look great.

·
Registered
289 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
That's a reflector with LED's exLed used to have the tail lights that matched those bottom Led's.
They are made by a company called Camily. Not sure if exLED carried them anymore but you can def get a better deal off ebay.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Yes, we have a few in my work area and I constantly need to grab a tissue to wipe the drool. I believe they are only available here on the Limited though.
I have allways wonder when I passed or have been passed by Santa Fe without LED's what was going through there minds when they saw my SF.

Now I do :)

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
On the U.S. version (2.0 Turbo) only the rear directions are LED (red too) and the brake is just a stupid bulb !
An lets not talk about the "stupid" brow LED headlight strip that is only lit with the headlights on. No DRL's on a $38K car ? ? ?

·
Registered
870 Posts
On the U.S. version (2.0 Turbo) only the rear directions are LED (red too) and the brake is just a stupid bulb !
An lets not talk about the "stupid" brow LED headlight strip that is only lit with the headlights on. No DRL's on a $38K car ? ? ?
You can turn just the brow lights on. But they're not bright enough to be DRL.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts