Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
I wondered what it would look like in red, and I really like it; great job man, looks awesome.

Ps. What led size did you use?

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
my pleasure :) it was fun helping you out. I still gotta upload the pics i took...hahaha it was fun :D

[attachment=17848:IMAG0137.jpg]
[attachment=17849:IMAG0138.jpg]
[attachment=17850:IMAG0139.jpg]
[attachment=17851:IMAG0140.jpg]
[attachment=17852:IMAG0141.jpg]
[attachment=17853:IMAG0142.jpg]
[attachment=17854:IMAG0143.jpg]

Attachments

·
Registered
763 Posts
i want white leds.

props on the swap tho,it looks dope!

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Im getting better at this, so it didnt took me too long. but if you havent done it before it only requires patience and patience and more patience. The process is simple, its just unsoldering the led and soldering the new one.

The numbers depends on what type of cluster you have, if yours have the fuel and temp gauge or just like jhonny, which only have the fuel gauge.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
QUOTE (LePapirrikY @ May 10 2010, 02:05 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=321336
Im getting better at this, so it didnt took me too long. but if you havent done it before it only requires patience and patience and more patience. The process is simple, its just unsoldering the led and soldering the new one.

The numbers depends on what type of cluster you have, if yours have the fuel and temp gauge or just like jhonny, which only have the fuel gauge.

BTW EVERYONE congratulations Lepapirrky on getting his citizenship

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
OH WOW! That's what I wanted to do to mine! But in blue. I think I'm too scared to do it though. After seeing the pictures... I really really want to do it.How many LED's did you need? how did you go about getting everything out? And would I still be able to do it if my guages are a green tint themselves?

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
QUOTE (mrblank @ May 10 2010, 06:40 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=321355
BTW EVERYONE congratulations Lepapirrky on getting his citizenship
Thanks bro :) what a great way to celebrate my citizenship, autocrossing on sat and helping a brother on sunday :D

If im not mistaken for the speed and rpms gauge is 6 each, then 3 for the screen and 2 for the turn signal, so thats 17. What is weird and i was expenting it was that on his cluster every single led had to be solder backwards, on mine and evans only couple of them had to be solder that way but his ALL of them. So if you solder it and it doesnt light up, dont freak out. The best way to do it, is first use marker and point out the polarity of the led on the board, do it for all the leds you want to change. Next just unsolder the first 2 leds and solder it the way the green leds were, if thatd doesnt work and the switch the position, you have 3 ways to do it.

Hope this helps :)

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
QUOTE (LePapirrikY @ May 10 2010, 11:12 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=321420
Thanks bro :) what a great way to celebrate my citizenship, autocrossing on sat and helping a brother on sunday :D

If im not mistaken for the speed and rpms gauge is 6 each, then 3 for the screen and 2 for the turn signal, so thats 17. What is weird and i was expenting it was that on his cluster every single led had to be solder backwards, on mine and evans only couple of them had to be solder that way but his ALL of them. So if you solder it and it doesnt light up, dont freak out. The best way to do it, is first use marker and point out the polarity of the led on the board, do it for all the leds you want to change. Next just unsolder the first 2 leds and solder it the way the green leds were, if thatd doesnt work and the switch the position, you have 3 ways to do it.

Hope this helps :)
Congrats man. bout time! haha

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
nice job! i love my blue LEDs....i did all the lights in the dash, and the interior lights.....my radio even matches! i get compliments all the time!bv

1 - 16 of 16 Posts