Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, i just changed my license plate bulbs to led pure white bulbs and just got pair of led reflectors from ebay. I managed to install the left one and tap into my brake light to wire them up.

I ran the wires through existing grommets in the trunk (u will find many when u remove the trunk liner. Green coloured wire was my positive for brake light and a greyish colour wire was my positive taillights. I then grounded the negative to one of the bolts and lightly sanded it. i did solder for people wondering.

Now the only trouble im having is getting my screwdriver in to remove the 2nd reflector its like on a angle and one of the brace bars are in the way.
I removed the bumper clip connecting the brace bar for the rear bumper but it doesnt seem to budge much to move out of the way.

Any insight would help i was think a phillips screwdriver ratchet maybe, lol i dont want to be driving around with only one side done for long.

for people trying this its pretty easy im currently trying to finish it up
2011 elantra gl

MODS to come
front lip Tuix, side skirts tuix, oem lip spoiler, fogs and interior blue leds

heres a pic what it looks like right now...

elantra Pictures, elantra Images, elantra Photos, elantra Videos - Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

·
Registered
279 Posts
I used a ratchet screw driver just like you mentioned.

·
Registered
164 Posts
i ran down to the hardware store on the corner to grab THE smallest screwdriver in that store. I mean lengthwise.

·
Registered
439 Posts
i wasnt able to remove them at all....need to remove a complete bumper off otherwise cant make ...broke few screw heads already....:confused:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The best way to do it is throw some card board down under the car, crawl under with a light and take a look you'll see the single phillips head screw, just remove the screw and use a flat head with a rag to pop it out from the bumper (so u dont scratch the paint). The 2nd one i think we need a ratchet screwdriver im gonna have to pick up a ratchet set

·
22,793 Posts
I used a 1/4" ratchet with a small Phillips head bit to break the torque on the screw. Then, a thumb wheel with the bit. It's not easy getting those reflectors out, I know. Took a week to 10 days for the scratches on my hands to heal.

Simplest method would have been to remove the bumper, but I'm too hardheaded to do anything simple. Took me 2 hours to R&R those things. But it is worth it, after you see the effect they have.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts