Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am interested in doing some minor mods - LEDs for the interior (dome with NO sunroof) and the license plate. I am curious as to if those would be just a simple plug and play installations? Also, I know the license plate bulb is this one . Do I need to buy two? And also what bulb is for the dome? How many of those would I need and is that a plug and play as well? Thanks for any response!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Rather than tell you to just search for your answer I'll just tell you....yes they are "plug and play" I just did the map lights and the rear dome lights (i have a sun roof) Im not sure about the license plate one, best bet is to just check. If you do a search for bulbs there is a list of what bulb goes where.

·
Registered
31 Posts
yea they are plug and play. The license plates use 2 bulbs but the ones you chose already come in a pair, as for the dome lights if you don't have a sunroof there all festoon style bulbs and you would need 3 bulbs (2front, 1back).

·
Registered
264 Posts
the license plate lights are sold in as "one pair" which obviously means you get 2 by ordering that item. they plug right in place of the bulbs there now. they only work if plugged in correctly. so if they dont light up, unplug and turn the bulbs 180 degrees and plug them back in.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Dealextreme has SMD's that's better match the car than Shark Racing's LED set. Multi-SMD are better than those single and dual LED ones that Shark Racing has since they have a wider angle, more light, and runs cooler. They're also cheaper. However you have to know how to pick out the right ones and have the patience to wait a month for it to get shipped to you XD.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I was changing one of interior light bulbs and everything just turned off! Anyone know if there was a short and/or what can i do? All power is lost, including the key fob and the car won't start. Help please. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
QUOTE (CKBz @ Dec 27 2010, 06:36 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=383909
I was changing one of interior light bulbs and everything just turned off! Anyone know if there was a short and/or what can i do? All power is lost, including the key fob and the car won't start. Help please. Thanks.
Start with your battery cables at the battery. Then check the main fuse. For everything to go out there has to be a break in the path somewhere early on. After that start checking the fuses to the left of the steering wheel, and under the hood. I'm guessing the brake lights will still work, probably the horn too. Those little fuses will come out with needle nose pliars. They are too small for fingers, and too tight for tweezers. The 10 amp fuse that handles the interior lights is called "ROOM LP" and is in the interior fuse box.

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
QUOTE (CKBz @ Dec 27 2010, 09:36 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=383909

did you check the fuse? im still lost as to what bulb to get.. i dont want the interior kit from shark. id rather just a simple replacement bulb

·
Registered
117 Posts
You have to pull the fuse out of its socket to check it. Look at THIS article for basics. It's kind of strange though that even if you blew the fuse for the interior lighting the car won't start or everything else is dead. It's also weird that even shorting the lighting circuit could blow a main fuse. Maybe the car has some logic that if some fuses are blown it disables things? In any case, check the fuses as described. It may be obvious as in THIS picture. The surest way is with a fuse tester or a multimeter which I am guessing you don't have. Hopefully it will be obvious looking at it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
QUOTE (11Sonata @ Dec 27 2010, 07:20 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=383934
You have to pull the fuse out of its socket to check it. Look at THIS article for basics. It's kind of strange though that even if you blew the fuse for the interior lighting the car won't start or everything else is dead. It's also weird that even shorting the lighting circuit could blow a main fuse. Maybe the car has some logic that if some fuses are blown it disables things? In any case, check the fuses as described. It may be obvious as in THIS picture. The surest way is with a fuse tester or a multimeter which I am guessing you don't have. Hopefully it will be obvious looking at it.

I checked the fuses under the steering wheel and everything seems to be okay. Everything except for the ROOM LP fuse which is connected to the audio fuse and it has this yellow plastic in which I can't seem to yank it out. Am I not pulling it hard enough? By the way, my break lights and horn are working just as Scott2011 said. Let me try again...by the way, thanks everyone. Hopefully I can yank it out by force.

·
Registered
21 Posts
QUOTE (CKBz @ Dec 27 2010, 08:04 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=383948
I checked the fuses under the steering wheel and everything seems to be okay. Everything except for the ROOM LP fuse which is connected to the audio fuse and it has this yellow plastic in which I can't seem to yank it out. Am I not pulling it hard enough? By the way, my break lights and horn are working just as Scott2011 said. Let me try again...by the way, thanks everyone. Hopefully I can yank it out by force.
Its fixed....it was the RoomLP fuse~!. The secret to releasing the yellow plastic was to push from the sides. Anyways, I hope this will help someone else in the future. Special thanks to BiGMERF, 11Sonata, and Scott2011.

·
Registered
20 Posts
QUOTE (CKBz @ Dec 27 2010, 08:04 PM)

Its fixed....it was the RoomLP fuse~!. The secret to releasing the yellow plastic was to push from the sides. Anyways, I hope this will help someone else in the future. Special thanks to BiGMERF, 11Sonata, and Scott2011.
Sorry to bring this back from the dead but I felt I had to because this post is spot on. I thought bringing it to the top might help others. I was doing just as stated and intalling LED interior lights. I must have ham fingered one of the front map lights and took out the ROOM LP fuse which is under the dash on the drivers side.

At the time I knew I must have blown something but was left scratching my head. I checked battery voltage, fuse block voltage and most of the major fuses and relays under the hood. All looked good. I assumed it had to be something major because what else could shut down the entire car except for the horn and brake lights? EVERYTHING else was completely dead except the little blue start engine light on the push start if I hit that. It's safe to say I was starting to pucker a little at that point. :eek:

Came in the house and searched up this thread and sure enough that little 10amp ROOM LP fuse shuts the whole **** car down. That's probably why they put that stupid yellow plastic bracket over the ROOM LP and AUDIO fuses. Must be some kind of "Beware the Fuse of Death" warning in Korean. Replaced fuse and all is good. :cool:

As a warning to anyone else installing LED bulbs it would be a real good idea to either unplug the housing in which you're installing the bulb or in the case of the front map lights where you don't remove the housing either turn off the switch or shut the door so you don't have voltage to the bulb socket. If you do short out the bulb the good news is the fix is easy once you know how.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts