Hyundai Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
LED kits have improved greatly including quality over the past year or two. Check out my write-up about picking out a LED headlight kit to replace the 9005 halogens in my new Santa Fe Sport Ultimate in the General forum. It was applicable for everyone, so I didn't put it in a vehicle specific forum.

Opt7 Fluxbeam X is best if you don't want to do mods to the dust covers and the Tinsince P70 6000°k kit is the best all around, but they have a copper belt heat sink instead of a fan, so you have to drill through your dust caps.

I looked at six different models from five vendors before I found one that was acceptable. SNGL is the highest priced kit, but I don't see how - terrible unfocused, dark spots in the beams, blinds other drivers, etc

It's a good read, and recent because I still have one kit to test...

·
Registered
702 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Sorry but I'm not clear. Were these installed as Low Beam or High Beam? Can you provide shots of them from back of the light housing? How far out do they protrude and did they come with a dust cap or did you have to modify the factory dust caps? Oh and what was the color temperature? Thanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
H11 for Low beams, H7 for high beams. H8 for fogs. I suggest ONLY Low's, unless SUPER BRIGHT LED for highs. Fogs can be HID, but you will get high beamed back.
Hey, I was going to private message you with this question but apparently, I have to spam the forums with 5 posts before I can send a direct message.

I have a 2013 HSH Limited, and I want to upgrade the low-beam headlights without blinding other drivers in front of me or oncoming.

Did you ever find a solution, and if so, could you be so kind as to point me toward a specific product?

Thanks!

·
Registered
702 Posts
Interesting to see this thread pop up now. I replaced my LED DRL/high beams two days ago. Didn't want to wonder if the car would pass the yearly inspection because the high beams didn't work plus I wanted those lights back. I was using LEDs in them for 4 1/2 years so it's nice to get those lights back. I'm using the Silverstar Ultra. They are BRIGHT! Something I noticed while reading the back of the package is they are rated to work for 85 hours. It also says the average driver uses their low beams 100 hours per year. Do those people not drive at night?

HID and LED kits available for your car - https://www.xenondepot.com/2013-sonata-hybrid-hid-headlight-kit-bulbs-s/27818.htm

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
The Silverstar company was sued... I got a $4.50 check back from a class action suit. The lawyers got millions. I had them in two cars (low beam) and they lasted 6 months exactly. I got one bulb replaced for free but then the other went out two weeks later. Then 5 months later the replacement dies.
They now state on the back of the package the "duration" of the lights.

Like burning a candle at both ends, it gives a lovely light, but will not last through the night.

I put HID in my former cars as that was all that was available. If you have problems with HID burning out.. you need one relay, from the battery to the bulbs. On start up they use some 80 watts. Hyundai has a safety relay, so if the watts to the bulb goes above a certain amount, it kicks off their safety relay until the overage is removed. So one bulb will light and the second won't. Fuse the relay to 20 amps.
My 2016 HSH Ultimate has HID and one bulb. It has some iris that open full when the high beams are on. I have auto high beams, nice, but they only turn on above 30 mph. You just have to double click the high beam switch to turn them on manually if you need it. I have lots of deer on my back roads, so I use my highs on the back roads too.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Hey, I was going to private message you with this question but apparently, I have to spam the forums with 5 posts before I can send a direct message.

I have a 2013 HSH Limited, and I want to upgrade the low-beam headlights without blinding other drivers in front of me or oncoming.

Did you ever find a solution, and if so, could you be so kind as to point me toward a specific product?

Thanks!

I actually did, for the low beam only. I use the Opt7 fluxbeam X for the low beams, H11. I tried to get H7's for my high beams, but we don't have the right kind of "latch" to hold them in place. I also have generic "20,000 lumen" LED bulbs from wish for my fogs (H8). They're just as bright as the Opt7, for about 1/5 the price. I figured, for fogs, who cares if I go cheaper a bit and if they don't last.

Sorry it took so long to reply, I don't come to the forums often anymore.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts