0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone put leds under their dash yet??? reallyy need help :grin:

·
Registered
39 Posts
QUOTE (Lewicki @ Nov 9 2010, 11:05 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=370177
Anyone put leds under their dash yet??? reallyy need help :grin:
I went to auto zone and got two blue LED light strips. They are small, have adhesive backing & are BRIGHT!! i ran them through the ciggarete lighter for now but will hardwire them when i get the chance. Looks great.

·
Registered
264 Posts
QUOTE (Knarfious @ Nov 9 2010, 02:08 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=370193
I went to auto zone and got two blue LED light strips. They are small, have adhesive backing & are BRIGHT!! i ran them through the ciggarete lighter for now but will hardwire them when i get the chance. Looks great.
i got the same ones i think, i got blue on all the overheads, but didnt really feel motivated enough to install the strips under the front yet. had fun testing them out with the little battery button they come with though, lol

·
Registered
39 Posts
I will take some pics tonight of the under dash ones & post. I also put mini pods under the driver & passenger seats that shine into the back seat and installed blue LEDs in the dome lights. WAY to bright to drive with but it looks awsome when opening the doors or unlocking the car. Everything including the dome lights cost about $40

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'm interested in this small mod. I was wondering what does "hardwiring" these little LED lights entail? I've been reading as much as i can but see various ways to do so. Probably what i'm looking for is when the car turns on the little blue LED's come on with the car...any help? Thanks in advanced!

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
nice :) deff need to see pics, I'm going to autzone tommorow to pick up the 10 inch neon tubes and just run them through the cig lighter. i tried wiring them to the fuse box and that was a pain. so now its just easier to do that and the pods facing the back seem sickk

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll post pics within the next day or so :thumbsup:

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the dome lights look crazyy i have to to that, how did u btw, ill post mine up when i figure out how to upload lol

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the dome lights look crazyy i have to to that, how did u btw, ill post mine up when i figure out how to upload lol

·
Registered
39 Posts
QUOTE (Lewicki @ Nov 12 2010, 12:28 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=371149
Front domes are extremly easy. Just get a flat blade screw driver and insert it into the gap between the clear cover and the assembly and pry up gently cover should pop off easily. The back domes are a little tougher you have to completly remove the entire light assembly by pushing in two tabs at the same time with 2 flatblades. Deff a 2 person job. If you have a model with the sunroof like mine the bulbs for the front are http://www.v-leds.com/Interior-LED/DomeMap...D-p8194213.html and the rear domes for all models are http://www.v-leds.com/Exterior-LED/CornerS...R-p4481101.html. If your car has no sunroof its a different bulb idk the size. V-Leds.com is great tho. Good quality LEDs and fast shipping with good prices. By the way a friendly reminder dont touch the metal screwdriver on the metal contacts of the bulb plugs.....one of my friends learned that the hard way with his 2011 & blew every cabin fuse & fried some wires.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i think ill pass on that then damm, i really like that look but mines a lease and i dont wanna screw anything up, thanks tho . deff will do it in the future

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
QUOTE (Lewicki @ Nov 12 2010, 01:32 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=371174
i think ill pass on that then damm, i really like that look but mines a lease and i dont wanna screw anything up, thanks tho . deff will do it in the future

easy fix...disconnect battery, install led, re-connect battery

·
Registered
39 Posts
QUOTE (Lewicki @ Nov 12 2010, 02:32 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=371174
Mines a lease to. I talked to my service manager and they had no issues with me doing it. he said the LEDs draw less power then the stock bulbs. I just threw out that bit about the short in my friends to give a friendly reminder never touch metal on metal. They are easy enough to get out with your fingers. I'd say go for it man. Trust me the picture doesn't even begin to show how great it is in person!

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i can imagine how sick it must look , thats like the ultimate mod for me at least :w00t:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts