Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read the older threads for the above and was given a quote by exled, which with shipping, was quite expensive.
Has anyone, particularly Canadian owners, found anywhere either in Canada or with cheap shipping from US?
The reason I ask, is that there seems to be a lot more Led bulbs becoming available now but I havn't seen any of the interior festoon types.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Not sure what you were quoted but I paid $US 89.99 + $US12 to have it shipped from EXLEDUSA to Edmonton for my 2013 Santa Fe, included led for all interior lights + led for the licence plate lights. Took about 1 week to ship and was not asked to pay extra for GST or customs duties.

·
22,793 Posts
Search "31mm SMD LED, 5W5 SMD LED, etc." on eBay and see what you come up with. For about $8-12 you can replace every interior, trunk, and license plate bulb...in your ride. I've had mine in the 2013 for about 14 months and they're still working just fine. I installed a 60 light in my dome, 12 light in the Maps, and 4's in the vanity mirrors. Awesome bright interior. Twin 12 light strips in the trunk. Who needs a flashlight when the sun is shining in the trunk?

·
Registered
808 Posts
Search "31mm SMD LED, 5W5 SMD LED, etc." on eBay and see what you come up with. For about $8-12 you can replace every interior, trunk, and license plate bulb...in your ride. I've had mine in the 2013 for about 14 months and they're still working just fine. I installed a 60 light in my dome, 12 light in the Maps, and 4's in the vanity mirrors. Awesome bright interior. Twin 12 light strips in the trunk. Who needs a flashlight when the sun is shining in the trunk?
When are you going to install those footwell led's? :rolleyes:

·
22,793 Posts
When are you going to install those footwell led's? :rolleyes:
Just as soon as the pills that cure procrastination kick in. ;) I've been negligent on that. :( Have the blue strips (four actually...two for backup replacements). Yeah, I know, "Slacker!" :) I guess I'll have to get a weekend and pull the A-pillar for the wire run from the map lights. The wire to both tunnels is in place. Just need to have a way to tie them in to correspond with the on/off/dim pattern already established by the interior lights. I get "partial credit," yes? LOL

·
Registered
674 Posts

·
22,793 Posts
They will kick in....eventually, later on...
I must have the "slow release"'capsules. ;)

In the cargo area, fitment of wider bulbs is an issue. I recommend something with an adapter, just like this (brighter than stock)
+1 Brighter is a must have. It's like a dungeon in the trunk at night. And TurboLed is absolutely "spot on" regarding that wider bulb fit. The copper conductor inside the trunk lens housing is stiff. Not a lot of flex in that little guy. Something to seriously consider! You break that thing, it's off to the dealer to buy a new housing for about $8-10. But you do get a new bulb with it, like you really want one. That's why you dug in there in the first place. ;)

·
Registered
790 Posts
I installed a 9 LED bulb into the trunk location, I have to bent the mount with a pair of pliers to make it fit!! Its better than stock but still VERY poor in my opinion. I think the best way to light up the hatch area would be to install some LED strips on the cargo cover and wire them into the hatch light control circuit. I have thought about doing it but I really have not felt the need to have it, plus I keep a flashlight under the floor in the storage compartment.

I do install some blue LED strips under my dash and at the rear of the front seats and hooked them into the map light, door controlled circuit. Works and looks amazing, I open the door and the whole floor of the car is blue and everything above the floor is lit up white from my LED dome lights.

·
22,793 Posts
I do install some blue LED strips under my dash and at the rear of the front seats and hooked them into the map light, door controlled circuit. Works and looks amazing, I open the door and the whole floor of the car is blue and everything above the floor is lit up white from my LED dome lights.
Hey, cbzdel, you Genius ( :wink2: ), remember which two wires you tied into up there in the map light? Colors? I just got re-motivated reading this post. Maybe early Saturday morning. Have to attend my Sooners game Saturday evening. Sunday may be better...but "I'm starting to feel it, bro..." ;)

·
Registered
790 Posts
Hey, cbzdel, you Genius ( :wink2: ), remember which two wires you tied into up there in the map light? Colors? I just got re-motivated reading this post. Maybe early Saturday morning. Have to attend my Sooners game Saturday evening. Sunday may be better...but "I'm starting to feel it, bro..." ;)
Do I remember??? Nope... but I did make this for future reference so I could tell other members :D
http://www.hyundai-forums.com/269-gd-2013-elantra-gt/184657-fade-w-dome-light.html

Keep in mind this was on a GT without a sunroof, so I am sure not sure what it will be like on other cars.. I just kept testing with a voltmeter until I got what I wanted :D

·
22,793 Posts
Okay, now I'm really pumped! Thanks. Next stop: blue tunnel LED's. I'm gonna be thinking about this all week!

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Do I remember??? Nope... but I did make this for future reference so I could tell other members :D
http://www.hyundai-forums.com/269-gd-2013-elantra-gt/184657-fade-w-dome-light.html

Keep in mind this was on a GT without a sunroof, so I am sure not sure what it will be like on other cars.. I just kept testing with a voltmeter until I got what I wanted :D
Thanks! Just as soon as I can figure out how to use some of my vacation time I think I will be ordering some LED's and "playing" around with my car. Was supposed to be off today, but that didn't happen. :D

·
Registered
808 Posts
Just as soon as the pills that cure procrastination kick in. ;) I've been negligent on that. :( Have the blue strips (four actually...two for backup replacements). Yeah, I know, "Slacker!" :) I guess I'll have to get a weekend and pull the A-pillar for the wire run from the map lights. The wire to both tunnels is in place. Just need to have a way to tie them in to correspond with the on/off/dim pattern already established by the interior lights. I get "partial credit," yes? LOL
Sounds like your "getting ready to start thinking about beginning"

·
Registered
790 Posts
Thanks! Just as soon as I can figure out how to use some of my vacation time I think I will be ordering some LED's and "playing" around with my car. Was supposed to be off today, but that didn't happen. :D

I hear ya, I am working 50 to 60 hours a week.. Winter is historically a slow period for my work so HOPEFULLY it slows down a bit, I wouldn't mind working 30ish hours for a few weeks :D

·
Registered
808 Posts
Now that i think of it i should not be giving you a hard time about those footwell led's Rich. I mean how long have i been "thinking" about installing the illuminated door sills?:p

·
22,793 Posts
Sounds like your "getting ready to start thinking about beginning"
You're close...LOL I'm thinking about "getting ready to start thinking about beginning." At my age, one learns to pace oneself! It's an "old geezer" privilege we've earned! :wink2:

You know the saying, "Old age and treachery will outperform youth and wisdom, any day."

1 - 20 of 27 Posts