Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All
First time Hyundai owner as of the weekend.
I've have just purchased a 2018 Tuscon Highlander. I have noticed that both the fog lights (H8) and High Beams (H7) globes are a halogen globe giving off a yellow look compared to the standard LED headlights that come installed on the car. I would like to replace these globes with LEDs to match the white light look.

Has anyone changed these globes over on their Tuscon Highlander?
Do you have any recommendations of globes to purchase?
It appears there is limited space within the head light assembly for the high beam, did you have to do anything to alter the light assembly to fit these or is there an LED bulb/system that fits without issue?

·
Registered
844 Posts
Where are you located? It would be helpful for those trying to help. (Here in the U. S. we don't have anything called the "Tucson Highlander.")

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Highlander is just the Australian model I believe.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hi All
I've have just purchased a 2018 Tuscon Highlander. I have noticed that both the fog lights (H8) and High Beams (H7) globes are a halogen globe giving off a yellow look compared to the standard LED headlights that come installed on the car. I would like to replace these globes with LEDs to match the white light look.

It appears there is limited space within the head light assembly for the high beam, did you have to do anything to alter the light assembly to fit these or is there an LED bulb/system that fits without issue?
I changed over my fog lights with the following bulbs ... cheap as chips and from AU. Had mine in for approx 2 months so far with no issues.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/White-H...-Driving-Lights-DRL-Head-Bulb-AU/152933759833.

Not sure on the high beam though. I've had mine converted to HID to get the white look and had them professionally installed.

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Hi All

By the by, you have a "Tucson"!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Where are you located? It would be helpful for those trying to help. (Here in the U. S. we don't have anything called the "Tucson Highlander.")
I am located in Australia. Didn't realize these were badged differently overseas. Seems to be common with a lot of cars here down under.

Highlander is just the Australian model I believe.
Correct!

I changed over my fog lights with the following bulbs ... cheap as chips and from AU. Had mine in for approx 2 months so far with no issues.

Not sure on the high beam though. I've had mine converted to HID to get the white look and had them professionally installed.
How do you find the light output with these globes?

By the by, you have a "Tucson"!
So I do, well that changes everything :p
Typo. Thanks for pointing that out

·
Registered
62 Posts
How do you find the light output with these globes?

[/QUOTE]

Not quite sure how to work this one out. They seem bright enough though. You do notice the difference in front when they are on.

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
So I do, well that changes everything :p
Typo. Thanks for pointing that out
No, either dyslexic or a bad speller! :nerd:

·
Registered
207 Posts
Tucson Highlander is sort of like the Unlimited version in the US
The headlight assembly is similar to the top-of-the-line model here in Europe (complete with the double LED projectors in each headlight) which is what I have.

I'd be wary against using LEDs on high beams - first of all, they require a bit of cooling which means either let them heat up the inside of the headlight assembly and burn out, or don't put the dust cap which can cause dust to enter the headlights and haze them over the years.
Second, LEDs tend to have a poor output at a distance, especially when the reflector is designed for a filament bulb. Given that the high beams on our Tucsons are concentrated in a spot pattern and not a flood pattern like most cars that switch off the low beams, you could find yourself in a situation where you have poor visibility in the distance using LEDs. I guess it's trial and error.
Thirdly, there seems to be some issue with using H7 retorfit LEDs in the Tucson, they need some plastic adapter which differs from the headlights in North America than ours.

The fogs - yeah, you can stick pretty much anything in there, just be careful and look into the fog light enclosure, you'll see that it is capped so if the bulb has LEDs shooting forward like INASTY linked, that light will be wasted. You need to find some LEDs that shoot off only to the side.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts