Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Starting up a new thread on upgrading the projectors to use LED headlights.

Currently, at the suggestion of another forum member, I'm using the $39 standard ones from Hikari (10,000lm, 6K) :

These have been great for the past 3 months now. However, just recently drove in the rain and was a bit disappointed. I knew LEDs wouldn't be great for rain/puddles. Has anyone tried other LED bulbs?

I'm considering getting the $89 Hikari Ultra which might help...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've purchased a set of Lumibright XT1 Gen2. According to BulbFacts, it's the best LED bulb out there. It's about $140.

Expecting to get them after Christmas from USPS. Will post updates to them.

I currently have the Hikari LEDs and according to the rating list, they basically perform the same as a standard halogen bulb, just with a whiter light.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just installed the Lumibright XT1 Gen2.

So much better than the Hikari set I had. I can see very well into the dark now and I have it angled well to not blind others.

Do not ever trust the lumen rating for LED bulbs. The Hikari set was advertised as 10,000 LM combined, but the real rating after a few minutes is marginally better than a halogen (only 2,000 LM per bulb).

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Just installed the Lumibright XT1 Gen2.

So much better than the Hikari set I had. I can see very well into the dark now and I have it angled well to not blind others.

Do not ever trust the lumen rating for LED bulbs. The Hikari set was advertised as 10,000 LM combined, but the real rating after a few minutes is marginally better than a halogen (only 2,000 LM per bulb).
PM sent you.

·
Registered
182 Posts
However, just recently drove in the rain and was a bit disappointed. I knew LEDs wouldn't be great for rain/puddles. Has anyone tried other LED bulbs?
If you are doing a lot of driving in the rain, consider switching to warmer light LEDs. When you shine a light through fog or rain, the colors that are going to be absorbed are the warmer colors, and those that will be reflected are the cooler colors. So when you use a warmer light, you get less reflection because of the lower amount of blue light in it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts