Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I've always loved the look of the LED strip right where the fogs are. So instead of messing with the headlights and making a mess, I'll just do this simple mod. I actually found a pic of exactly what I want to do.

Now I seen somewhere they actually sell the black piece of plastic with LEDs that fits the fog light housing. I don't want that just because my car is silver and it's going to stand out of course.

So here's the pic

[attachment=20957:YF3.jpg]

And here's the link where I think that LED strip can be found?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/XENON-WHITE...sQ5fAccessories

If someone can link me to the perfect size and strip that would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
722 Posts
I don't think they will fit the fog lights.....

They certainly don't mention the fog lights for the Sonata, a lot of other lights but I didn't see the words FOG lights anywhere, not to mention the 24cm size I think they need a bit more than that to do the design in the pic the op posted......

Correct me if I am wrong as I would like to do something like this also....

Still waiting for SR to come out with something like this for us......

·
Registered
623 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
QUOTE (arruda89 @ Oct 27 2010, 09:46 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=366831
Ok, I've always loved the look of the LED strip right where the fogs are. So instead of messing with the headlights and making a mess, I'll just do this simple mod. I actually found a pic of exactly what I want to do.

Now I seen somewhere they actually sell the black piece of plastic with LEDs that fits the fog light housing. I don't want that just because my car is silver and it's going to stand out of course.

So here's the pic

[attachment=20957:YF3.jpg]

And here's the link where I think that LED strip can be found?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/XENON-WHITE...sQ5fAccessories

If someone can link me to the perfect size and strip that would be great.

Thanks in advance.
Do you want the Audi look, large led's separated by an inch or more, or the smaller led's which are much closer together and often look like a solid strip of light or very small lights very close together. The link you gave is the second type and the black plastic is the Audi look. I agree with you that the black plastic is not a great choice, but I like the larger led with space between them.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I did see this at autozone. Very nice.

How easy was It to wire it? My friend is very knowledgeable about wiring but when I asked him if he could help he said no because it's a brand new car and doesn't want to splice a wrong wire and causing a warranty issue. So is it hard to wire it?

·
Registered
26 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Seen a Benz E Class passing me on the highway and I carefully checked out their set up. It's the same as Ayces except their plastic piece is chrome and not black which IMO I'd prefer. His Benz was silver. If I had a black car I wouldve already done this mod but that piece needs to be offered in another color. Like chrome with the LEDS attached.

·
Registered
722 Posts
QUOTE (arruda89 @ Nov 14 2010, 06:24 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=371602
Seen a Benz E Class passing me on the highway and I carefully checked out their set up. It's the same as Ayces except their plastic piece is chrome and not black which IMO I'd prefer. His Benz was silver. If I had a black car I wouldve already done this mod but that piece needs to be offered in another color. Like chrome with the LEDS attached.
+1

L

·
0 Posts
so if i have the stock gls with that ugly black cover i wonder if i can buy those leds from autozone to get the look

·
Registered
255 Posts
QUOTE (arruda89 @ Nov 14 2010, 05:24 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=371602

You carefully checked out their lights while on the highway? WTF?

L

·
0 Posts
so im pretty sure im going to buy that strip from autozone but how would i run the wires? helppppp

1 - 20 of 35 Posts