Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally figured out how to do this project. used 6K white. very bright, but doesnt have the projected distance of the halogens. Should get my 6K hid headlights tomorrow hopefully so it will all match up. :)

used these H11 type. they are exact match wiring and socket. just need to use pliers to break off about 3mm from one of the little retention blades to make it H8 fit.

http://www.v-leds.com/Exterior-LED/DRLFOG-...662693-1-2.html

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Did the same to my foglights with 28 SMD LEDs. They look very similar to yours.

They look great, don't they?

·
Registered
424 Posts
very nice, why can't we just use the oem h8 size bulb ?

QUOTE (gregd71 @ Sep 22 2010, 06:06 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=358099
Finally figured out how to do this project. used 6K white. very bright, but doesnt have the projected distance of the halogens. Should get my 6K hid headlights tomorrow hopefully so it will all match up. :)

used these H11 type. they are exact match wiring and socket. just need to use pliers to break off about 3mm from one of the little retention blades to make it H8 fit.

http://www.v-leds.com/Exterior-LED/DRLFOG-...662693-1-2.html

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
QUOTE (mayasonata @ Sep 23 2010, 10:03 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=358233
very nice, why can't we just use the oem h8 size bulb ?
wasnt able to find H8 type in LED form. only on some obscure oriental sites. mind you, i did not look on ebay either, but i prefer a trusted source anyway.

the H11 is exactly the same as H8, just one of the 3 metal blades is slightly wider. takes 2 seconds to fix.

·
Registered
31 Posts
QUOTE (gregd71 @ Sep 23 2010, 10:34 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=358237
wasnt able to find H8 type in LED form. only on some obscure oriental sites. mind you, i did not look on ebay either, but i prefer a trusted source anyway.

the H11 is exactly the same as H8, just one of the 3 metal blades is slightly wider. takes 2 seconds to fix.
****! $75 for a pair of freaking bulbs? These places are out of their minds - there is NO way a pair of LED bulbs should cost that much.

PT Barnum was right!

·
Registered
90 Posts
QUOTE (Brewster @ Sep 30 2010, 02:04 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=359874
****! $75 for a pair of freaking bulbs? These places are out of their minds - there is NO way a pair of LED bulbs should cost that much.

PT Barnum was right!

week ago i received my oem fog light without wiring,relay and switch, then i went to body shop, and one guy suggest me to connect fogs to low beam, so when low beam is on the fogs also on, so i dont have to spend extra money for switch and relay. so what do you think about it? make sense?

·
Registered
27 Posts
QUOTE (gregd71 @ Sep 23 2010, 10:34 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=358237

My H8 leds cost about $20, from an e-bay vendor.
Look great.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Probably the dumbest question anyone might ask on here .. But

How did you get the fogs to work with just the parking lights? And yes I know how to turn on my fogs lol :whistling:

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
QUOTE (arruda89 @ Sep 30 2010, 06:51 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=359937

How did you get the fogs to work with just the parking lights? And yes I know how to turn on my fogs lol :whistling:
thats my next project actually. i havent done it yet. it will require a relay plugged into the parking light wires for a trigger. then if i can figure out where the wiring is for the on/off switch, and if its even possible to keep the stock one in the equation... might need some technical advice from someone who knows how this car is wired.

i actually just unplugged the headlights for the sake of taking the pictures. didnt want the ugly stock lights distracting from the leds.

·
Registered
650 Posts
QUOTE (gregd71 @ Sep 30 2010, 09:29 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=359992
thats my next project actually. i havent done it yet. it will require a relay plugged into the parking light wires for a trigger. then if i can figure out where the wiring is for the on/off switch, and if its even possible to keep the stock one in the equation... might need some technical advice from someone who knows how this car is wired.

i actually just unplugged the headlights for the sake of taking the pictures. didnt want the ugly stock lights distracting from the leds.

Ahhh, gotcha :thumbsup:

·
Registered
623 Posts
QUOTE (arruda89 @ Sep 30 2010, 03:51 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=359937

That's how I have my current "fog" lights set up. Wired them directly to the DRLS

·
Registered
31 Posts
QUOTE (uzbekbola @ Sep 30 2010, 02:51 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=359884
week ago i received my oem fog light without wiring,relay and switch, then i went to body shop, and one guy suggest me to connect fogs to low beam, so when low beam is on the fogs also on, so i dont have to spend extra money for switch and relay. so what do you think about it? make sense?
That's the way the factory fogs work, and I disagree with it. Fogs are designed to penetrate fog by going under rather than through fog - using your regular lights defeats the purpose. They should have a separate fog only circuit imo. Every other vehicle I've owned works that way.

·
Registered
31 Posts
QUOTE (arruda89 @ Sep 30 2010, 06:51 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=359937

Not so dumb - I was wondering the same thing.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts