Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys
I'm looking at replacing my factory fog light bulbs with LEDS since one of them has burnt out. I was looking on ebay and found these. what are your thoughts? What type/brand of bulbs are you running in yours? I was thinking of doing a HID conversion for lowbeams and fog lights in the spring time when it warms up a bit.

High Power CREE XB D LED Car White H8 H11 Fog Driving Bulb Light Lamp Light 2013 | eBay

White 80W Seoul H8 H11 High Power 1200LUMEN LED Bulb Projector Fog Driving Light | eBay

White 60W Seoul H8 H11 High Power 1100LUMEN LED Bulb Projector Fog Driving Light | eBay

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

·
Registered
664 Posts
do you have HID's on yours? if so what brand are you running? in low beams and fogs?
I do have them in my low and fogs. I have the 8000k kits but once I do my headlight project I'm going to get a set of 6000k bulbs for each. I have the HIDs from Xenonsupply. I normally run DDM tuning HIDs in my vehicle but I decided to go with the most popular/recommended brand on the forum and honestly the quality is fantastic. I haven't had any problems at all with them and I've had them running almost every night since July when I put them in.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
I've yet to install HID's fogs in either of my YFs. My concern is that the light pattern will be in the eyes of oncoming drivers. The lows are projector and do a good job with HID's, but the fogs are reflector... Would owners with HID fogs mind posting a night picture of the fogs-only light pattern on a wall or garage door? If it looks good I'll upgrade.
FYI, I have used LEDs in the fogs and find the look to be good, the light output is poor. Where I live we do get some thick fog.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I have 6k HID's in my fogs and adjusted them to factory specs. I never had a problem with people flashing me or anything like that and i've been running them over a year. I even had my wife drive my car and follow me around while I drove her car. They are bright but not blinding.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts