Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

OK.. I can't figure this out.. The LED DRLs started to flicker yesterday, and they only flicker when the car is at idle. As soon as I give it the littlest gas, the flicker goes away and becomes a little brighter.

It looks like not enough power is going to the lights when at idle (duh) but I cannot figure out why this is happening, and why this suddenly decided to happen.

Anyone have any wisdom on this?

Thanks!

·
Registered
594 Posts
QUOTE (kppanic @ Jul 5 2010, 04:41 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=339035
Hello,

OK.. I can't figure this out.. The LED DRLs started to flicker yesterday, and they only flicker when the car is at idle. As soon as I give it the littlest gas, the flicker goes away and becomes a little brighter.

It looks like not enough power is going to the lights when at idle (duh) but I cannot figure out why this is happening, and why this suddenly decided to happen.

Anyone have any wisdom on this?

Thanks!
Don't have any specific experience so I am guessing here. If you have not done anything to ensure that your LEDs gets the full 12V it is probably due to the fact that the DRL levels are very close to the LED threshold at idle, and when giving it some gas it just pushes it above that threshold. A relay harness may solve your problem. Why is it only doing it since yesterday?- maybe the increase in environmental temperatures we have seen in Ontario over the last couple of days has something to do with that.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts