Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took some pics of my new LED -DRL and License plate LED. Car is tinted too. :) :gitara:

[attachment=17765:IMG_2839.JPG]
[attachment=17766:IMG_2844.JPG]
[attachment=17767:IMG_2831.JPG]
[attachment=17768:IMG_2846.JPG]
[attachment=17769:IMG_2842.JPG]
[attachment=17770:IMG_2833.JPG]
[attachment=17771:IMG_2830.JPG]
[attachment=17772:IMG_2829.JPG]

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Interesting look on the DRLs - curious to know what it looks like in person (photographs never do fancy lights justice due to lense flare). Where did you pick up that DRL LED or did you construct from scratch? It sort of looks like either a blue tinted HID w/ a cap on it w/ small holes to make it look like a bunch of LEDs or a big LED bulb w/ a cap on it w/ small holes to make it look like multiple LEDs.

And yes, PLEASE remove those dealer decals :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE (meik @ May 4 2010, 10:36 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=319676
Looks nice! It would be nicer if you take your dealer logo off!!! :grin:
Yah I know I know I been meaning to, but haven't got around to it yet... I hate it too.

With your encouragement I'll do it ASAP this weekend !!!

They are a pain to get off probably gonna use wife's hair dryer to get it off.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE (SeattleGuy @ May 4 2010, 11:31 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=319689
Interesting look on the DRLs - curious to know what it looks like in person (photographs never do fancy lights justice due to lense flare). Where did you pick up that DRL LED or did you construct from scratch? It sort of looks like either a blue tinted HID w/ a cap on it w/ small holes to make it look like a bunch of LEDs or a big LED bulb w/ a cap on it w/ small holes to make it look like multiple LEDs.

And yes, PLEASE remove those dealer decals :)
I bought them from V-LEDs.com

http://www.v-leds.com/Exterior-LED/DRLFOG-...M-p5168725.html - for the DRL

http://www.v-leds.com/Exterior-LED/CornerS...5-p4481039.html - for License Plate

They look more White in person than blue. I love the look.

Next Project install some 55w HIDs

·
Registered
119 Posts
The DRL look pretty bright for operating at such a low voltage, did you modify it to run at 12v for DRL ? When i measured the voltage at the bulb it was only 3.6v during DRL and 12v during high beam. Looks Great !

·
Registered
268 Posts
I wasnt sure if this was something i wanted to do but after seeing your pics it really changed my mind! Just wondering though is the installation just switching out the stock bulb for the LED? thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE (Vinnny @ May 5 2010, 05:44 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=319739
The DRL look pretty bright for operating at such a low voltage, did you modify it to run at 12v for DRL ? When i measured the voltage at the bulb it was only 3.6v during DRL and 12v during high beam. Looks Great !
Nope I didn't do anything special I guess they are just good quality LEDs.. It was simply plug and play installation couldn't be easier. 10 min max for everything.

·
Registered
79 Posts
QUOTE (RXDOC @ May 5 2010, 03:55 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=319904
I alredy have the HID low beams, and getting HID fog lights soon , Don't think losing hi-beams would matter much to me.

I am curious if you actually lose the high beam, OR the high beam is on all the time.
What does happen when you (jwu614) turn on the high beam or try to flash?

DRL is a low intensity High beam.
LED gives you more light.
Brighter DRL = full time high beam?

It's pretty, but I don't think LEDs for DRL application isn't a great idea.

·
Registered
106 Posts
QUOTE (EL'ation @ May 5 2010, 09:55 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=320006
I am curious if you actually lose the high beam, OR the high beam is on all the time.

So, what do the people that have it (LED DRL) think about the above comment?

·
Registered
589 Posts
QUOTE (meik @ May 4 2010, 11:36 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=319676
Looks nice! It would be nicer if you take your dealer logo off!!! :grin:
And even nicer if you take 'sonata' and 'limited' off too :grin: . That was my first 'mod', with only 10 miles on the clock. By the way, this is the first time I only needed my fingers to remove them: no fishing line, and no residue at all. They popped right off. And no, no need to show off I have a Limited :whistling: . Hate badges, but always leave the middle emblem on, as without nothing would be too plain, plus there's usually holes or an indentation anyway.

Hey, those LED DRLs look nice, but they render the high beams useless; not a smart move IMO, but to each his own. I tried to disable the darn things but was unable to, so I'm stuck with them. The lighting has to have the circuits protected somehow, but there're no fuses or relays for the headlamps, so make sure you don't short-circuit anything folks.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I'm also interested in this. I don't think I'd want to get rid of my high beams though. Maybe if we just switched those lights to HID? I just switched the other lights to HID yesterday. It looks great. I'd like a better look during the day also, but I don't want to do it at the expense of my high beams. There is no way to keep both?

·
Registered
623 Posts
QUOTE (EL'ation @ May 5 2010, 06:55 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=320006

You don't technically "lose" the high beam. When you have your headlights on the LED bulbs do not light up automatically. When you switch the high beams on however, you get the headlights plus a light from the LEDs that is as bright as the DRL. Essentially you lose the "function" of a high beam. I guess I could "flash" someone with the LEDs, but it by no means is a high beam anymore. I just drive around with the high beams on at all times. During the day it just shows up as LED DRLs. At night it is the LED DRLs plus headlights (plus I have my led fog light strip hooked up to the high beams).

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.