Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello - 1st post here. I have enjoyed my 2013 Santa Fe Sport 2.0T AWD since March 2013. I am in Los Angeles, CA.

SO this vehicle does not appear to have daytime running lights (DLRs). I have seen some products on Ebay which incorporate DLRs into the Fog Light assembly. I cannot post links at this point since I have not yet been a member for 7 days but please see attachment to get the general idea.

Has anyone tried getting such an item? Any recommendations? There are a number of them from both Korea and China

Attachments

·
Registered
274 Posts
I've been curious about these units too. The listings always say they include everything you need, but I'm curious about the modification process. It couldn't possibly be just plug and play.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Hello - 1st post here. I have enjoyed my 2013 Santa Fe Sport 2.0T AWD since March 2013. I am in Los Angeles, CA.

SO this vehicle does not appear to have daytime running lights (DLRs). I have seen some products on Ebay which incorporate DLRs into the Fog Light assembly. I cannot post links at this point since I have not yet been a member for 7 days but please see attachment to get the general idea.

Has anyone tried getting such an item? Any recommendations? There are a number of them from both Korea and China

There's a few threads about adding DRL of the one you mentioned but looking at your link I highly recommend NOT to buy it from that seller because it's made in China, I would buy from a reputable seller in Korea and at least you know that those are legit. I'm not saying the ones from China are bad but I just don't know about the brightness and the quality of those DRL, one thing for sure the ones from Korea will be good quality and bright. I have a 2014 XL and I bought my DRL from Korea, a little pricey but well worth the money and yes they're pretty bright. Here's a few pictures of the DRL that I installed, on the last 2 pics you'll see that the DRL are dimmed at night and daytime by using a custom relay with resistors otherwise it will be too bright at night when my low beam are on. The third pic from the bottom as you can see that the DRL are at 100% and it's too bright so I had to dim it down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
76 Posts
Please see mine, bought from a Chinese seller on eBay. Very bright.

Installation is not so difficult, but you have to remove the front bumper to exchange fog headlights.

Electrical installation I preferred to buy a fuse connector so I didn't have to cut any wire and have a clean installation.

Enviado de meu SM-N920G usando Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the info.
This is my understanding thus far:

1. The fog lamps will function as before, ie when the lights are already on and I manually toggle the fog lamp switch
2. The LED daytime running lights will have to be wired (I would used an auto electrician) so that they are on all the time
3. These aftermarket units will be too bright at night, so some kind of dimming mechanism would be required.

Is there any solution that would auto dim the LED DLR's at night? OR: is there any other solution to the lack of DLR's in this model sante fe? Is it simply an update to software? Any ideas anyone?

·
Registered
855 Posts
I'll try my best to answer your questions stated below.

1- yes you will need to use your oem harness to plug into the DRL so that your fog light will function as normal.

2-yes the DRL will need to be wire to either ACON fuse or whichever way you want depending on where you hook it up to.

3-You can hook your DRL to a relay and have it turn off once your low beam are on just like the newer 2017 SF models or have it hook to a custom relay with resistors to have it dim down when low beam are on.
With my DRL, I have 2 custom relay which takes the power from a different source rather than tapping it into a fuse because it's much safer that way. I actually got all this help from a good friend of mine who knows a lot about electrical and without his help I would be completely lost too lol.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi.
I have the same model and want to install DRL. Can you share some installation picture s and also what type of fuse you use it?
Thanks

·
Registered
855 Posts
Hi.
I have the same model and want to install DRL. Can you share some installation picture s and also what type of fuse you use it?
Thanks
This thread was a few years ago and do you have a SF LWB or SFS? Not that it matter but extra info would help as I didn’t see it in your profile. What type of DRL do you have?

·
Registered
4 Posts
This thread was a few years ago and do you have a SF LWB or SFS? Not that it matter but extra info would help as I didn’t see it in your profile. What type of DRL do you have?

I am sorry i didn't get what's LWB or SFS.
i have 6 seats 2015 Santa fe Limited if thats you are asking for.
I didn't bought yet DRL, just want to have some info before i purchased online them.

·
Registered
855 Posts
I am sorry i didn't get what's LWB or SFS.
i have 6 seats 2015 Santa fe Limited if thats you are asking for.
I didn't bought yet DRL, just want to have some info before i purchased online them.
No worries at all, looks like you have an SF XL same as mine. The one I installed are OEM from Korea and still going strong, make sure you buy the exact same one as mine and you should be good. Now for the instructions I have to look for my layout and I will post it up for you. It’s quite a bit of work but believe me it will be well worth it.

·
Registered
855 Posts
I found it, I saved my sketch for future reference and glad I did. I’m using two replays for this because I’m want the DRL to dim when parking or low beam are on. Have a look at it and let me know if you have any other questions.

·
Registered
855 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
The last pic of the 3 DRL are on full brightness and the 2 pics above it are on dim mode probably about 60-70% dim.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I found it, I saved my sketch for future reference and glad I did. I’m using two replays for this because I’m want the DRL to dim when parking or low beam are on. Have a look at it and let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank you so much.
One last question (i think🙂), did you use another fog light wire harness for DRL that you bought? Or the same Oem Fog light wire

·
Registered
855 Posts
Thank you so much.
One last question (i think), did you use another fog light wire harness for DRL that you bought? Or the same Oem Fog light wire
If I remember correctly it’s plug and play because it’s OEM, I don’t remember cutting the harness off and yes I used the OEM harness. If you buy the light and get to that point you’ll see it and it shouldn’t be too hard after that.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts