Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would love to change all my bulbs to the led type but there seems to be so many cautions
I would appreciate any help that anyone can offer (especially the H7) high low beams
Thanks so much

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
I generally recommend against doing it. Many of the bulbs due not necessarily provide the same distance and beam pattern of the incan bulbs. Remember that whether you have a reflector or projector lamps assembly they were designed to operate with a specific type of bulb. I am not saying that it cannot work. Just saying that you may be disappointed or have to try multiple LED replacements to find something suitable. Also....LED bulbs can create other issues within the vehicle, such as RF interference. You may also be asked to remove them should diagnostics for any type of strange electrical issue be necessary.

I thought about it for my own vehicle but quite frankly....Even for me being in the automotive profession...Just not worth the hassle.

·
Registered
21 Posts
What he (@greysave ) said. . . .:)

Seriously, though. . .more often then not, you might even make thing worse, unless you take the time and the patience to try different LED bulbs out. Car manufacturers design headlight reflectors based on specific bulb types. Especially for older cars, it might be more challenging to find the right LED bulb to work effectively.

Good luck.

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
Do some research. Many, including myself, have had excellent results using LED's.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts