Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody replaced their 2013 ElantraGT low-beam bulbs with LED?
Do you need ballasts, relays or any other accessory?
Is there a link to instructions anywhere please?

·
Registered
114 Posts
I put leds on my 16. I believe the headlight assemblies are the same but some one with more knowledge of the 13 can chime in if I'm wrong. I used leds by opt7 and they came with everything needed wiring adapters, ballast, error canceller etc. The only thing I had to do was drill several holes in the back of the dust cap for ventilation. I like the opt7 bulbs because the whole assemble will fit in the factory headlight housing with out the modifications that I've seen some others do on here. I've have them in for almost a year now with no issues.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Do you NEED starters and ballasts?
on our 2016 led is plug and play. the only problem was the dust covers, which i easily modified with a dremel and ebay rubber covers. the light output is awesome. been several months now, and not one flash from oncoming traffic at night, so no one blinded. i also asked a neighbor who is retired highway patrol, and he stood out while i drove past a couple times. his response? nah.

·
Supporting Vendor
1,634 Posts
Hi there!
Do you need ballasts, relays or any other accessory?
It really depends on the kit you are buying. The majority of kits come with everything in the box, and the installation is really plug and play. Here are some ideas on the LED conversion kits we carry for the 2013 Elantra.
Is there a link to instructions anywhere please?
Here is a generic video installation instruction for the LED lights:
Link to the instruction.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Do you NEED starters and ballasts?
on our 2016 led is plug and play. the only problem was the dust covers, which i easily modified with a dremel and ebay rubber covers. the light output is awesome. been several months now, and not one flash from oncoming traffic at night, so no one blinded. i also asked a neighbor who is retired highway patrol, and he stood out while i drove past a couple times. his response? nah.
. What kind and size of dust cover did u use?!?

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
. What kind and size of dust cover did u use?!?
the ones i got were slightly tapered, i think the base was 70mm. they are very flexible, and look like an old top hat. the holes in the cover have to be off center, so you gotta eyeball them. after gluing, i trimmed off the base. they work very well, and the covers are easily still strong enough

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
H7 and H11

Hi there!

It really depends on the kit you are buying. The majority of kits come with everything in the box, and the installation is really plug and play. Here are some ideas on the LED conversion kits we carry for the 2013 Elantra.

Here is a generic video installation instruction for the LED lights:
Link to the instruction.
These look good thank you so much. I couldn't see on the website whether they are available in both H7 and H11?
Gil

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
These look good thank you so much. I couldn't see on the website whether they are available in both H7 and H11?
Gil
ours have h11 for low, they snap right in, need nothing else. except modify the covers. on the highs, we have drl, so it uses the h7 at lower voltage for drl. the problem is that the bulb is held in with a wire clip, and the bulbs i got have a fan on the back for cooling. the wire clip will not clear the fan housing, i had the hd assy off the car, and tried every which way, not even close, i had to send them back.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Someone needs to try the Diode Dynamics LED SL1 Kit...

·
Registered
25 Posts
I got the Hikari Ultra H11 for low beams and the H7 for high beams/DLR. The Hikary’s in the white box only. The black box ones are for low power like fog lights.
https://www.amazon.com/HIKARI-Headlight-Conversion-Lumileds-Warranty/dp/B077BT6M6Z/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?keywords=Hikari+ultra+headlight&qid=1565530270&s=gateway&sr=8-2-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEyNkkzUjJOSlJDVUJOJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMTA2OTczMTdBTlpWN0ZPRDZNMiZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwNzk0ODUyMUhYQVpPQUNTMkQ1OSZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

https://www.amazon.com/HIKARI-Headlight-Conversion-Lumileds-Warranty/dp/B077B5NXPY/ref=sr_1_8?keywords=Hikari+ultra+headlight&qid=1565530493&s=gateway&sr=8-8

These LED headlights are incredible. Bright WHITE light. Much higher LUX than any halogen and much nicer than HID’s. No ballast or igniters, not harness to attach directly to battery, no flickering.

All is in the box. The plate that attaches to headlight to the assembly can be removed for easier installation AND the most crucial, to be able to rotate the bulb so that the cable coming out of the housing is at the 6 o’clock position. This aligns the LED diodes to the same position as the filaments on a halogen, bulb so that the light will focus on the projector headlights (H11) and the same for the reflector headlights (H7). The technology for aftermarket LED’s has greatly improved.

Bonus, the H7s do double duty. They are the high beams AND the DLRs. Nothing extra to do, it just works. I keep my headlights on DLR and they come on at a lower power than high beams, but still clearly visible. The car must be running AND the parking brake off. You pull up the parking brake handle and the lights turn off. Nice touch by Hyundai.

When installing the H7s, you will need to use needle nose pliers to widen the retainer wire and adjust the wire so that it still latches to secure the headlamp. Very easy to do. Must be done or else the headlight can’t be secured.

I loved the performance on the lights that I replaced the headlights on my best friend’s Nissan Frontier and my Dad’s Hyundai Tucson. (You need a separate adapter for the Tucson. One is NOT needed for the Elantra GT). They loved the way my headlights performed so upgraded their lights so they can SEE at night. Halogen lights suck so bad. I’m not associated with Hikari in any way. I was just so impressed. You know the item that blows away your expectations so you spread the word, just like if an item, just sucked and you tell everyone to avoid. I have had mine since February and zero problems or issues.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts