Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my CPO 2017 Santa Fe SE for a month now and I would like to change the halogen to LED. I have tried to remove th H7 halogen bulb but afraid to break the attached harness. I have replaced 4 vehicles with LED with success but stumble on this one. Any suggestions how to remove the bulb. Also removing the low beam is a pain. Should I remove the whole assembly?

·
Registered
25 Posts
If the 2017 is the same as my 2014, then you simply push real hard on the bracket holding the bulb. When you push on it, the sides of the bracket will let go of the tabs they are hooked onto.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just figured it out. I just hold and pulled the bulb straight out from the adapter holder. Replaced with LED 6000K and the light is very bright and matched the color of the night accent light.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi, can you send me a link to the H7 LED you bought? I try H7 LED months ago but it didnt hold well even with the special black plastic holder. Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got mine on Amazon very bright and expensive.Paid $109 and didn't last a week. The plastic adapter didn't hold well neither. I found this on Ali Express. May go for it.

36W 6000K 12000LM H7 LED Car Headlight Bulbs For Hyundai Sonata Santa Fe KIA K3 K4 K5 Sorento Sportage Mitsubishi Outlander
http://s.aliexpress.com/y2quumqQ?fromSns

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
When I see those LED retrofits I always have to wonder about the actual beam pattern they lay down. Unlike the conventional bulbs that emits light throughout the reflector / projector these retrofits project for the most part in two directions only. Just seems like it would have to have a negative affect on the beam pattern somewhere......

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
When I see those LED retrofits I always have to wonder about the actual beam pattern they lay down. Unlike the conventional bulbs that emits light throughout the reflector / projector these retrofits project for the most part in two directions only. Just seems like it would have to have a negative affect on the beam pattern somewhere......
Is NOT 2 directions only. Very even projection. Try it, you'll like it, Don't judge by appearance of bulb. I have put them on 4 different cars including both cars in my signature. All work great. A great safety feature especially at my age.

Check the ratings before buying. Avoid the $20 ones. $35 - $50 on Amazon will get you good ones.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts