Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the Hyundai family, looking to upgrade my lights. I know the size is 9005 (checked), but what bulb manufacturer do I buy? I read alot of reviews, saying they don't fit, don't work etc... DOES anybody have working LED bulbs in their 2015-2017 Sonata, with the headlight cover... if so.. what is the make and where did you buy it.

Thank you :)

·
Registered
514 Posts
These are the lights I purchased on amazon. They’re from this company from beamtech. Saw how great the reviews were so I decided to give it a shot. Turns out to be very good LEDs that actually fit inside the dust covers. They match the LED drl’s and they light up the road well.

BEAMTECH 9005 LED Headlight Bulb, 50W 6500K 8000Lumens Extremely Brigh HB3 CSP Chips Conversion Kit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
33 Posts
These are the lights I purchased on amazon. They’re from this company from beamtech. Saw how great the reviews were so I decided to give it a shot. Turns out to be very good LEDs that actually fit inside the dust covers. They match the LED drl’s and they light up the road well.

BEAMTECH 9005 LED Headlight Bulb, 50W 6500K 8000Lumens Extremely Brigh HB3 CSP Chips Conversion Kit https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XHD4HV3/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_U0GvAb4RCB02J

How is the beam pattern compared to the stock haligon

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
514 Posts
How is the beam pattern compared to the stock haligon

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

In terms of it being focused vs scattered I’d say the LEDs are a little better focused

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jumped the gun last night and bought a brand called Auxbeam, will install tomorrow, if doesn't fit/work will definitely purchase the ones you have. How long have you had them and any issues?

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
514 Posts
Jumped the gun last night and bought a brand called Auxbeam, will install tomorrow, if doesn't fit/work will definitely purchase the ones you have. How long have you had them and any issues?

I’ve only had them in for a week but I like them. No issues yet, fingers crossed!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I’ve only had them in for a week but I like them. No issues yet, fingers crossed!

Those lights are sooooo hard to remove.. I twisted it.. it detachs but i can't pull it out... Tried for a solid 20min to remove the driver side.. no luck.. any advice? Its raining so will go again tomorrow

·
Registered
20 Posts
Those lights are sooooo hard to remove.. I twisted it.. it detachs but i can't pull it out... Tried for a solid 20min to remove the driver side.. no luck.. any advice? Its raining so will go again tomorrow

I agree with you they are a pain to get them out but I did it.
on the Drivers side, I had to remove the hardness out of the bulb first and on the passenger side, I removed the coolant reservoir out of the way to get more room. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I agree with you they are a pain to get them out but I did it.
on the Drivers side, I had to remove the hardness out of the bulb first and on the passenger side, I removed the coolant reservoir out of the way to get more room. Hope this helps.
Okay will give that a try after this storm passes Thank you!

·
Registered
2017 Sonata Sport 2.0T
1,604 Posts

BEAMTECH 9005 LED Headlight Bulb, 50W 6500K 8000Lumens Extremely Brigh HB3 CSP Chips Conversion Kit https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XHD4HV3/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_U0GvAb4RCB02J

the_owner
they look great, like a very good match for the DRLs. The price is great the only thing I noticed in reviews is since they dont use a fan do they seem to run hot in the headlamp housing?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I got these they are nice and bright.

Zdatt 4-Sides 14400LM 9005 Led Headlight Bulbs Error Free H10 HB3 Led Car Light - 6000K White Lighting Fog Light, Car Light, Truck Light Replacement -

·
Registered
514 Posts
the_owner

they look great, like a very good match for the DRLs. The price is great the only thing I noticed in reviews is since they dont use a fan do they seem to run hot in the headlamp housing?

I would assume they run pretty hot but not to the point where things begin to malfunction. I’ll check on how much heat they put out on each drive to make sure

·
Registered
514 Posts
I got these they are nice and bright.

Zdatt 4-Sides 14400LM 9005 Led Headlight Bulbs Error Free H10 HB3 Led Car Light - 6000K White Lighting Fog Light, Car Light, Truck Light Replacement - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075S1X8F1/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apip_BPwJcucGaqV5c

They look good! Did you have any issues fitting those into the housing? Were you able to put in the dust caps after you installed the bulbs? I see they’re 14,400 lumens which is very bright...maybe over time I’ll upgrade to something like those. Since I’m in the city and the streets are always lit I wouldn’t need lights that bright but it’s still good to have!

·
Registered
403 Posts
Has anyone done an actual calibration or validation that the beam pattern is still to spec after changing out halogens with LED's? I can't say how many cars I now see on the road that are blinding everyone with after-market LED bulbs.

·
Registered
20 Posts
They look good! Did you have any issues fitting those into the housing? Were you able to put in the dust caps after you installed the bulbs? I see they’re 14,400 lumens which is very bright...maybe over time I’ll upgrade to something like those. Since I’m in the city and the streets are always lit I wouldn’t need lights that bright but it’s still good to have!

I'm not going to lie they were a little bit a pain to get all the cables inside the housing but I manage to do so and close the dust cap also.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Has anyone done an actual calibration or validation that the beam pattern is still to spec after changing out halogens with LED's? I can't say how many cars I now see on the road that are blinding everyone with after-market LED bulbs.

I have yet to make the proper adjustments. My lights are pointed too high and sadly I’m one of those people that blind everybody. Maybe on my next oil change I’ll have the dealer folks adjust them for me.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I'm not going to lie they were a little bit a pain to get all the cables inside the housing but I manage to do so and close the dust cap also.

That’s a risk I’m willing to make whenever I decide to up the brightness with newer bulbs. Thank you for the recommendation!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have yet to make the proper adjustments. My lights are pointed too high and sadly I’m one of those people that blind everybody. Maybe on my next oil change I’ll have the dealer folks adjust them for me.

The headlights should have a screw on each side for adjustments you just need to do it at night but I get you I hate messing around with settings like that.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts