Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here successfully installed LED brake lights.

I'm on a 2018 value edition and have LEDs in every socket. I'm using shark racing bulbs (with built in resistors) for front and rear turns with no errors.

No matter what bulba / combo I use for the brake lights , I get an error.

I've tried highly reviewed bulbs on Amazon that look and work great, but produce an error

I've tried adding a resistor to that and still an error

I've tried shark racings with built in resistor , still error.

I've tried shark racings with built in and external resistors, still error.

Going mad on this and looking to see if anyone has succeed

·
Registered
284 Posts
So-called CAN bus ready bulbs usually aren't it seems. Have you tried different resistors? Folks on here sometimes have to try multiple sets regardless of same rating. Not for brake as most here have OEM LED tails, but LED turns and headlights yes. Somebody said a set from Diode Dynamics worked when another set didn't.

There was one member who did brake lights, but I can't find his post now. Me I've put that on hold - don't like the idea of heating up resistors back there as much as I'd have to. Changed to LEDs on the lift gate but staying with incandescent on the body. Just seems more efficient and safer for now.

·
Banned
7,039 Posts
Anyone here successfully installed LED brake lights.

I'm on a 2018 value edition and have LEDs in every socket. I'm using shark racing bulbs (with built in resistors) for front and rear turns with no errors.

No matter what bulba / combo I use for the brake lights , I get an error.

I've tried highly reviewed bulbs on Amazon that look and work great, but produce an error

I've tried adding a resistor to that and still an error

I've tried shark racings with built in resistor , still error.

I've tried shark racings with built in and external resistors, still error.

Going mad on this and looking to see if anyone has succeed
What ohm resistor? It may be good to use a rheostat so you can adjust the resistance. Once you find where it works just take a reading of the rheostat and purchase the resistor(s) needed.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I have LED signal for front and back and I got no error / no hyper flash, I bought them from Amazon.com .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts