Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know this problem, my 2012 sonata gls install reverse led 921 light bulb. As soon as I install my gear display "P" not showing and gear can not changing. So I take it out and turn led other side same problem. After that reinstall oem 921 bulb and working again. Also I try other led 921 same problem.
Anyone know this problem. I ordered led from amazon canada.

Attachments

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Likely some sort of silly logic in control circuit not see actual full draw of a std "filament" bulb as opposed to barely no draw of LED" (you know how everybody changing home lighting to LED to reduce electric consumption costs,, mine nice cut sine do away with filament bulbs)

Speculation of course, the std 921 filament bulb takes a few amp to glow..... LED next to nothing... might scan PCM for fun and see if anything hiding...

·
Registered
284 Posts
Just a thought - your problem might be you're using a can bus LED when you should use just a standard LED. Does your Sonata monitor reverse lights?
I use standard LEDs for reverse with no problem, as many others do.

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
Just a thought - your problem might be you're using a can bus LED when you should use just a standard LED. Does your Sonata monitor reverse lights?
I use standard LEDs for reverse with no problem, as many others do.
Not sure it does, but you are correct. Many other use "regular" LEDs in reverse without issue. I am not sure I have seen a CANBUS led for reverse like that before.

·
Registered
904 Posts
It's probably the canbus led that's causing issues. Get some different reverse lights and see if that fixes the issue.

I just switched to these.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-x-6000k-...-LED-Lights-Projector-Lens-Bulbs/282147030312

They're ungodly bright, I previously had a Samsung projector led bulb in them that was pretty bright but these are better. I actually modified the projector bulbs that were in the reverse lights and mounted them in the plate lights, though they're almost too bright. Will probably go with some smd led plate lights instead.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you very much C4RN1, I ordered the one you link from ebay. Thank you very much for helping me all of you.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
The bulbs I use are canbus, but I do not get any errors like you are experiencing. It may not be just that they are canbus but that specific design could be the issue. Mine are also REDICULOUSLY bright like what C4RN1 has. When backing out of my driveway, it lights up the garage across the street more than the flood lights from my house shining down the drive.
These are what I use:
[ame]https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01EJKIUP8/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1[/ame]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts