1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
349 Posts
This will be an argumental post but I have never heard good things about car bras they tend to cause more damage then good and the paint is in usually worse condition underneath the bra then the rest of the car. Think about the water and dirt that gets trapped between the bra and the paint, it will scratch and mar the finish since the wind will cause the bra to whip and lift from the car at driving speeds. If you want front end protection from stone chips or other road debris invest in the clear 3M wrap that is precut and professionally installed.

·
1,914 Posts
Those front end masks do more harm than good. I had one on my mom's car and I took it off every 2 weeks to clean it. It still did paint damage. I'm planning to get the 3M for my car. It may be more expensive but it protects the paint in the long run.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I had a front end bra on my '97 Ford Probe that looked pretty good when brand new. After a while, the vinyl started wearing out and it got looser and starten to turn grayish with white in the cracks. Plus you could see that the paint underneath was a totally different color than the rest of the car. I didn't have a garage, so that may have accelerated the paint fading, but I would go with a clear bra if you do, because the maintenance and upkeep on a vinyl bra is a pain in the rear.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had a factory bra for my last Sonata, 2002 GLS. I used it when taking road trips. I had no problems with paint or clear coat damage.

PiaaThis

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I would guess it would be OK as long as you don't leave it on the car for extended periods of time and only used it while traveling on long trip. I can see it helping out tons with the stone chips.

·
Registered
623 Posts
+1 to the 3M clear bra.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts